FRAME LIGHT TV (FLTV) is a curated film channel dedicated entirely to short films and animations from around the world. Filmmakers can make their films available for sale or rent and can earn revenue with each stream. There are also awards to be won, including Frame Light Favourites, Film of the Month and Film of the Year.
*** This is a curated channel and films are screened on a selection-only basis***
1. Entrants may submit more than one film, but each film must be submitted separately via FilmFreeway or using the submission form on this site.
2. Entrants can submit any genre/style (see categories). We do not accept wedding/home/holiday videos.
3. The submitter must be the legal owner of the work.
4. The film must be under 40 minutes in length.
5. We accept films produced in any year.
6. All films should be in .mov/.mp4 format and H.264 compressed where possible. Resolution should be a minimum of 720p.
7. Your film will be uploaded within 72 hours.
8. All languages are accepted. Non-English language films must be hard-coded with English subtitles.
9. This is a curated channel and films are screened on a selection-only basis.
10. We only screen independent films submitted to our channel.
11. Projects submitted to FLTV will not be reviewed in our magazine/online articles unless paid for additionally via our website.
12. Once submitted, the payment for your film is non-refundable.
13. We do not accept links/files via email. Any links to your work sent to us via email will not be considered.
14. There is no fee waiver. If you wish to receive revenue for sales/rental, you must pay the relevant fee.
15. Filmmakers can determine their own sale price for downloads and rentals.
16. Unless a trailer is provided by the filmmaker, a 20-second preview is made available for films listed for sale/rental. Only upon purchase can the full film be watched.
17. If you choose for your film to be made available to rent, your film will be made available for 72 hours.
18. If you choose for your film to be made available for sale, your film will be made available as a download for the viewer to watch without limit.
19. If you choose for your film to be made available to stream, you must provide an accessible Vimeo link. The video should not be password protected.
20. Films streamed externally (i.e. Vimeo) are not eligible for revenue payments.
21. Films are sold on a commission basis where 80% of the sale revenue is paid to the filmmaker and 20% is paid to FRAME LIGHT.
22. Revenue payouts are processed on a quarterly basis on the last working day of the following months: January, April, July, October.
23. Only paying members are eligible for revenue payments.
24. You agree to the 'FLTV' logo appearing at the start of your film (if your film is made available to buy or rent).
25. We do not claim any exclusive rights to your work. You are free to submit your short film to any and all other screening platforms.
26. We suggest that if you feature your short film for sale/rent, you do not feature it for free on other platforms.
27. We reserve the right to remove any members and/or works in such cases where we deem our service to be misused in any way.
28. Films purchased by customers for rent or sale cannot be refunded.
29. Should any of the terms of service change, all members (filmmakers and audience) shall be notified 3 (three) days prior to the change being implemented.