THE SUN SHINES FOR E V E R Y O N E
Filmmakers, Video Artists, Visionaries, Doers, Creative Souls
Traveling at the speed of LIGHT
with isomorphic brightness, sparkling feelings and glowing thoughts…
you are Welcomed.
Short Films, Video Art, Video Essay, Animation, Documentary, Fiction, Music Videos, Feature films etc…
The space where filmmakers can showcase their art with like minded people is now live and growing/evolving. A reality brought to you thanks for the work and imagination of glowing humans, maybe like you. A catalog for emerging and veteran creators around the globe can be accessed, freely, openly and without restrictions on ExperimentalFilms.Online
For more than 5 five years, we have been working mainly in Nuevo Leon (but not only) for distributing and sharing films from different places and perspectives to hungry audiences of a different cinema. With different disguises and means the ideas have reached different brain-eyes. Now as KWHALIA, since 2020 the project has found solar freedom and expansion.
Art in these weird times helps us deeply for communicating and sharing ideas. There are few narratives going on in the media, commonly they filter reality in templates that construct ways in which we learn the “correct” way to how we must see, perceive and think. Being aware of the uniqueness of our immediate world, the richness and chaos that surround us everyday is key for creating new ways of perceiving, sensing, thinking, feeling and overall exist.
Art, and film are more than just stories. More than fancy images.
What are we projecting onto reality? Where is our consciousness? We can think and be outside our skull? Is it desirable to evolve from the traditional exhibitions and aspire for something else at creation/distribution?
All art is experimental by definition, all creation is an ongoing trial and error for reaching outcomes that we may have not previously considered. Or maybe not. The openness and willingness to appreciate human creation through audiovisual means is key in the enlargement of our understanding. Our work in condensing and giving shape to this collage of lights that artists emanate and send to us changes overtime and finds new ways to flourish.
Being confronted by different narratives, and values helps us expand the conception we have about “reality”. Artists with their weirdness and spirit empower our ability to imagine. Adapt the circumstances to new codes of transference, new ways of expressing or old ones that are bring back under different contexts. The possibilities are infinite. The reality tunnels grow exponentially as the light reaches the eye. Illumination becomes the entrance to different dimensions of meaning.
Cocreation at its best.
Derived from all of this, in past entries we started the development of the PSYNEMAS.
Kwalhia is a continuous project that aims to reach different audiences. For Experimental Films an Experimental way of distributing is a must.
Since March of 2022 the selected films are being screened at CINECLUB ESFERA in El Carmen Nuevo León, México. Weekly, freely and open for everyone to see.
The PSYNEMAS are Virtual Theaters for the showcasing of films, cybernetic places are being built for the appreciation of PSYNEMA/PARACINEMA. Leave behind the restrictions of the material world (not with the intention to replace, but to visit, reflect, consider other ways of seeing) and embrace the dreamlike possibilities that computational power can give us when guided by the imagination. EXpand/IMplode the meaning of the films by these virtues.
During the following months the programs will be uploaded to different PSYNEMAS. No subscriptions, no ads, no external software, just a computer and internet connection for this.
Also, the creation of a catalog of artists from different places of the world that can be accessed in more traditional form in: ExperimentalFilms.Online
Our aim is to continue the generation of several selections that help us challenge standard ways of perceiving, feeling and thinking. Showcasing a great variety of authors from around the globe in the website.
WATCH EXPERIMENTAL FILMS ONLINE
By submitting, the filmmaker warrants that they are the rightful owner of the submission and do not violate or infringe on any trademark, trade name, copyright, literary, dramatic, musical, artistic or other intellectual property or personal rights.
● Kwalhia/ExperimentalFilms.Online doesn’t pay in any monetary form for any screening, selected or posterior.
● Participating in the call is not synonymous with being selected.
● We aspire to connect different pieces that can dialogue and allow us to reflect. If our criteria determines that your piece does not meet these terms, it will not be selected.
● Must include English and/or Spanish subtitles.
● Our website is open and free to anybody with an internet connection. In physical screenings we may keep the events also FREE, if it's not the case we will notify you beforehand. TO THIS DAY, ALL OUR PAST EVENTS WERE FREE AND OPEN; Online and Offline. We build, develop and keep working with what we recollect from donations and the entry fees.
● Our priority is the appreciation and distribution of films, more precisely films that would be considered “experimental” but not limited to this.
● Our priority are the ideas, reflections and thoughts that can be sparked of your art, we are organizing our selection of filmmakers from all around the world for this.
● During the year 2022 and on, we will be periodically uploading different programs on our website.
● The showcase of films will continue as we are able to pay for our servers, hosting and development. If you change your mind about your film being screened online after being selected you can write to us whenever you like.
● You bring us permission to use fragments of your film for publicity purposes of ExperimentalFilms.Online and its derived exhibitions projects, such as Kwahlia and The Psynemas (Film theaters in Virtual Realms).
●If your film becomes SELECTED it will be available online on our website: https://ExperimentalFilms.Online and its derived exhibitions projects, such as Kwahlia and The Psynemas (Film theaters in Virtual Realms).
● Once your status changes to SELECTED, you bring us permission to upload your submitted film in its entirety to our servers for the aforementioned purposes.
● You declare that you own the intellectual property rights of the film you submitted to our entry. You and only you are accountable for the copyright infringement if this is not the case.
● Is preferable to include, short bio of the filmmaker/artist, synopsis, social media accounts, webpage, email and place to see more of their work. All of this information is optional and will be used for networking.
● We will give you credit and add your social media/website (if there are) whenever we share your film. (Please reach us through our social media or email if you update your information, we want to have all the channels up to date, and working)
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Kwalhia/ExperimentalFilms.Online, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
We believe in the sharing of ideas and sensibilities. Appreciating diversity and encouraging it through art.
Your participation in this call accepts all the Rules and Terms.