Welcome to Edinburgh Independent Film Awards!
We are an Independent film festival with live screenings, that takes place annually in the heart of Edinburgh.
Our mission is designed to help create a platform for our filmmakers to be seen, but more importantly, get them the industry exposure to help sustain their craft for many years to come.
The EIFA is extremely excited for its showcase season and plans on becoming one of the biggest Independent film festival in the UK.
The Edinburgh Independent Film Awards attempts to provide spaces for independent filmmakers to create and display their stories without commercial pressure, in order to discover and celebrate extraordinary films and develop independent filmmaking.
Our judging team is looking for potential films and filmmakers for scheduled meetings with executives from the film and television industry.
EIFA will host screening events at the Edinburgh with post-screening Q&A with directors, producers and actors and the opportunity for them to network with industry professionals at our networking events
Award winners will be announced at our festival and receive hard copy certificates at our award ceremony along with engraved 'Edinburgh Independent Film Awards' trophy, winner laurels, Cash prizes from $500 to $1,500 and many other prizes!
2018 Edinburgh Independent Film Awards Screenplay Competition:
We accept screenplays from across all genres. Please read the following criteria before submitting your Screenplay/Script.
1. The Screenplay has not yet been produced.
2. The Screenplay is under 160 pages.
3. No adaptations must be writer's original work.
4. The Screenplay must be in English.
5. The Screenplay must be a completed draft.
6. Writers must be 18 years of age and over.
7. Unproduced television scripts accepted.
8. Must be completed after 2011.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any further information!
A screening committee determines which films shall be exhibited, all submissions are not guaranteed to be shown. All decisions of the committee are final. Except for the audience award, separate juries select festival winners.
The 2018 categories accepting and awarding submissions are:
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best Student Film
Best Feature Documentary
Best Short Documentary
Best Music Video
Best Foreign (All genres)
Best Film Scotland
After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified.
Winners will have the chance to see their films on the big screen and be presented with their awards during the EIFA Awards Ceremony, which will take place at the Edinburgh Dominion Cinema in December 2018.
Winners will be contacted at the latest a month prior to the event date.
Award winners will be announced at our festival and receive hard copy certificates at our award ceremony along with engraved 'Edinburgh Independent Film Awards' trophy, winner laurels, Cash prizes from $500 to $1,500 and other prizes!
Award winners who cannot make the Live screening will be contacted by the Edinburgh Independent Film Awards team to have their certificates and trophies delivered by mail.
Rules and terms:
By submitting your film, you agree that Edinburgh Independent Film Awards can use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster) for promotional purpose.
To submit a film, you must have created the project yourself, own the rights or have permission from the owner of the content to submit the film to us.
PLEASE READ THE RULES BELOW THOROUGHLY BEFORE SUBMITTING:
You must fully comply with these Entry Rules & Regulations, including all deadlines, film length, entry material and other requirements
EDINBURGH INDEPENDENT FILM AWARDS will review films in their entirety. Films will be watched and reviewed by members of the Selection Committee; a professional group of filmmakers, film enthusiasts and critics. Films are scored accordingly.
1. Entries in foreign languages must come with English subtitles.
2. All entries must have been completed AFTER 2011
3. Any film submitted to the EIFA can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance.
4. Works in progress are accepted.
5. You must own or be given all of the rights to anything you submit to the festival.
6. Multiple entries are allowed. You can submit more than one film to the same category. But keep in mind the entry fee must be paid for each one.
7. At our discretion, we may choose to transfer a film to the correct category, but only if the appropriate level of submission fee has been paid.
8. A screening committee determines which films shall be exhibited, submissions are not guaranteed to be shown. All decisions of the committee are final. Except for the audience award, separate juries select festival winners
9. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified.
10. Winners will be presented with their awards during the EIFA Awards Ceremony, which will take place at the festival on October 2018.
11. Submissions are NON-refundable. We cannot be held liable for materials which are lost or damaged.
I also acknowledge that the film submission fee does not guarantee acceptance and no refund will be provided if my film is not selected.
Applicants who do not follow the guidelines will not be accepted.