EROTICA is an art and film event founded in 2019 in the heart of Melbourne, Australia. Created and curated by Ilsa Fay, EROTICA is a boutique extravaganza of erotic art, performance and short film.
The core of EROTICA is founded in consensual, authentic expressions of eroticism, performance and art … we call this Eros.
EROTICA seeks to promote, encourage and support filmmakers, storytellers, audiovisual artists from all over the world in creating and crafting authentic, quality depictions of eroticism, sensuality, human interaction and relationship and intimacy.
Whether you live locally, or on the other side of the planet, we want to see the most culturally significant films from the most talented independent filmmakers.
All are welcome to submit to EAFF, following the intention to meet our search for quality in the crafting of mood, eliciting emotion through sound, words and pictures and showcasing an experience of eroticism and sensuality founded in consent, authenticity and intimacy.
Please note that this is a NON-GENITAL focussed film event. We are seeking consensual, ethical and authentic expressions of sexuality, sensuality and intimacy.
We believe emphatically in the importance of consent, authenticity and freedom of sexuality, creating a new cultural norm and enhancing the life of people through art, and how significant a role each community plays in this. As such, another facet of EAFF is to support and enhance the local filmmaking industry. Our intention is to facilitate this by creating opportunities for film artists to engage not only more extensively with the local circles of creators, but also by encouraging interactions with the wider national, and even broader international film communities.
We love to weave sexuality, sensuality and sacredness with artistic expressions and we love to bring together communities.
The EROTICA events travel Australia and bring together a wide audience and includes members of the arts industry both locally and internationally. Already we have had internationally renowned artists and film-makers attend and contribute and look forward to an expanding, internationally successful event over the coming years.
Please carefully review the following. By submitting your project, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to all of the following rules and terms. All projects which have been submitted by our final deadline of 04 April 2021, and which adhere to the following terms, will be considered for inclusion in the 2021 EROTICA Art & Film Festival.
RULES OF ENTRY
- All films must be submitted by either the director or key producer of the project.
- All people involved in the making of the film, including crew and subjects must be over 18 yrs.
- If your film is chosen, a 1m30second video of your human film subjects will be requested to answer the following questions:
- What is your name
- Did you consent to all parts of the film?
- Why did you choose to be part of the making of this film?
- Submitted films should be no more than 30 minutes in length, including any opening and closing credits.
- Films NOT accepted for entry include promotional or advertising. Films which ARE accepted into the festival include, but are not limited to, those which contain aspects of documentary, erotic, animation, sci-fi, fantasy & experimental.
Please indicate in your submission which category you are submitting to:
+ self pleasure
+ ecology & nature
+ educational/documentary (sexuality, sensuality, intimacy)
- All submitted material should be the submitter’s own work, including video, music, images, sound effects, etc. OR, the submitter must hold the appropriate copyright and/or clearances to use such work. The EROTICA Art & Film Festival will not be responsible for illegal or non-copyrighted work which makes up any aspect of the film submitted, and is then subsequently exhibited at the festival.
- EAFF does not require films to be a World Premiere, but premiere status of any kind of significance (national, state, etc.) is taken into consideration when making final selections. Otherwise, films must have been completed after 2010, and may be available online, and have had previous screenings to the public.
- Films must be subtitled (in English) if in another language than ENGLISH.
- All entries must be completed upon submission. No “work in progress” films will be accepted.
- By submitting to EAFF, you grant permission for the festival to use a portion of your film (maximum 30 seconds), your film’s poster, photographs of the director, screenshots of the film and the text of the film’s description for promotional materials associated with the festival. This may include social networks, newspapers, festival website, posters and festival print material .
- If your film is the recipient of an Official Selection in EAFF, you will be contacted by the festival and requested to provide a 1080p quality MP4 file, with a size not exceeding 1gb.