Door Kinetic Arts Festival inspires collaborations and provides audiences access to artists and their new creative ventures.
Led by Oscar winning filmmaker and writer Eric Simonson, special guests like Rainn Wilson, Lydia Diamond, Campbell Scott, Catherine Trieschmann, Harry J Lennix, Holiday Reinhorn and Dan Lauria mix with Hollywood and Broadway writers, directors and actors, as well as innovative dance and performance artists such as Harold Green, Lucky Plush Productions and Sossy Mechanics, and the insights of cocktail expert Robert Simonson.
Collaboration and inspiration on the beautiful lakeshore grounds make for a thrilling week.
The Door Kinetic Arts Festival premieres other completed and in-process works in film, theatre and dance, exhibits kinetic sculpture, and offers cocktail talks with spirits and cocktail experts. The festival encourages collaboration among resident artists and provides opportunities to socialize and collaborate with a range of artists, enhancing the experience for all participants.
-Best of the Fest
-Best Narrative Short Film
-Best Documentary Short Film
-Best Wisconsin Short Film
GENERAL RULES & GUIDELINES:
- Competition is open to U.S. and International entries.
- Short films are under 40 minutes in length. Do not submit a project longer than 40 minutes or you will be disqualified.
-- Films not in English must be subtitled or dubbed in English.
- If you are burning a consumer disc, CLEARLY write your Project Title, Tracking #, and Contact information on the disc. PLEASE test the DVD on several players before sending. Please use recyclable packaging.
- Films must have been completed after January 1, 2021. Films must be available for screening during the Door Kinetic Arts Festival in September 2022.
- Once an entry payment has been processed, we cannot provide a refund.
- Please include in your cover letter if your film was SHOT IN WISCONSIN (include locations) or made by WISCONSIN FILMMAKERS.
With entries in our possession, we take the utmost care. However, we cannot accept responsibility for loss, damage or additional charges incurred en route, or due to normal wear and tear, or due to equipment failure. PLEASE don't send original prints or master copies of any project. Additionally, Door Kinetic Arts is held harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity or screening of any film.
RETURNS & ACKNOWLEDGMENTS:
DVDs and press materials will not be returned without a prepaid mailer.