International Documentary Film Awards is online film festival which is organized once a year. We are one of a few short and feature documentary films festivals. Our goal for International Documentary film awards is to reach out to amateur, beginner and proffesional filmmakers and make a community of documentary filmmakers.
We cooperate with various distributors, to whom we regularly offer the best short and feature-length documentaries. If your documentary will be of interest to various investors or distributors, we will help you with the distribution of your film.
Selected films will be screened online. The best documentary will win a unique diploma of the International Documentary Film Awards. We try to support independent documentary creators in their work!
Best Super Short Documentary (under 15 minutes)
Best Short Documentary (under 52 minutes)
Best Student Documentary (under 52 minutes)
Best Feature Documentary (over 52 minutes)
Best Ecology Documentary
Best Whiteandblack Documentary
Best History Documentary
Best Nature Documentary
Best War Documentary
Best Autobiographical Documentary
Best Personality Profile Documentary
Best Experimental Documentary
Best Doc Series (only pilot)
Best Documentary from USA
Best Sport Documentary
Best LGBT Documentary
Best Document about Human Rights
Best Document about Quarantine
Best Document about Migrations
INDIVIDUAL CATEGORIES (SHORT/FEATURE)
Best First-Time Director
Best Male Director
Best Female Director
Best Original Screenplay
Best Sound Design
Best European Documentary
Best African Documentary
Best American Documentary
Best South American Documentary
Best Australian Documentary
Best Asian Documentary
All winners receive a free certificate (pdf/jpg file)
1. All films that are not in English, must have English language subtitles. English movies do not have subtitles.
2. No fee waiver. All entry fees are non-refundable.
3. Multiple entries from the same submitter are accepted. A separate submission and a separate entry fee must accompany each entry.
4. The decision of the festival selection committee will be final.
5. The festival authorities will have the right to retain copies of each film and the material send as part of our festival library & can be screened in for Education, promotion, awareness & commercial purposes.
6. The excerpts from films send for International Documentary Film Awards can be shown on the Int. T.V. / Local Network / Internet etc. For Promotional / Publicity.
7. Films that are submitted must be the entrant’s original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third Parties. Contestants agree that they have obtained all required copyright permissions regarding music, sound & images. Etc presented in their film.
8. International Documentary Film Awards organizers reserve rights change, cancel or re-schedule the dates, venue, awards & categories without consent or information to contestants.
9. The organizers reserve the right not to award any or all of the prizes.