This festival is dedicated to all directors in particular, regardless their age and background, and to all filmmakers in general. The purpose of Directors Awards film festival is to promote the craftsmanship of directing to the position and attention it deserves. The assessment of all the performance in the judging process will also be from the director's point of view.
(Opens for directors only):
1. Directors Awards for Best Directing in short film
2. Directors Awards for Best Directing in documentary
3. Directors Awards for Best Directing in feature film
4. Directors Awards for Best Directing in music video
5. Directors Awards for Experimental Directing
6. Directors Awards for Visionary Directing
7. Director of the Year Award
8. New Director of the Year Award
Directors Awards for Feature Narrative
Directors Awards for Foreign Language Feature Narrative
Directors Awards for Feature Documentary
Directors Awards for Foreign Language Feature Narrative
Directors Awards for Short Narrative
Directors Awards for Foreign Language Short Narrative
Directors Awards for Short Documentary
Directors Awards for Foreign Language Short Documentary
Directors Awards for Newcomer
Directors Awards for Music Videos
Directors Awards for Producer
Directors Awards for Cinematographer
Directors Awards for Editor
Directors Awards for Script Writer
Directors Awards for Makeup
Directors Awards for Art Director
Directors Awards for Story
Directors Awards for Sound
Directors Awards for Music
Directors Awards for Animation
Directors Awards for Special Effects
Directors Awards for Lead Actor
Directors Awards for Lead Actress
Directors Awards for Supporting Actor
Directors Awards for Supporting Actress
Directors Awards for Ensemble of Casts
Feature Films: minimum running time of 60 minutes.
Short Films: run time of 59 minutes and below.
Documentary Feature: over 60 minutes in length
Documentary Short: run time of 59 minutes and below
Music & Video: under 5 minutes in length
For overall winner: special handmade trophy. For winners: sash, pin, and certificate.
This agreement pertains to all Work(s) submitted to Directors Awards (the Festival):
Be it known to any filmmaker or submitter, by submitting your film(s) or screenplay to the Festival, you are agreeing to all TERMS AND CONDITIONS below in full.
1. The submitter guarantee that all rights and releases has been legally secured, including music rights, songs, etc and the submitter releases the Festival and all its member from any legal action whatsoever.
2. A) If nominated, 2 DVD PAL (required) and 1 blu-ray (optional) or DCP (optional), must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with title, length, and director's name. Please mark your film with "No Commercial Value - For Cultural Purposes Only" either on the envelope and the shipping invoices.
B) Please send the DVDs/Blu-ray/DCP mentioned in point 2A through courier, or post, or Digital Transfer Service. We do not accept data for final judging and screening.
C. Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen loss, stolen, or damage of entries. Please do not send originals. We do not receive downloads of any kind.
3. All transportation/shipping costs (including customs clearance) to Jakarta, plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne by the participants (please write: For Cultural Purposes only - Not for commercial use). The Festival Director reserves the right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
4. All submissions should be sent pre-paid.
5. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
6. All submission fees are non-refundable.
7. All selection committees' and juries' decisions are finals.
8. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards at the award ceremony.
9. Regardless of the Prize and their winning status, winning filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony in Jakarta, will only receive laurels.
10. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
11. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
12. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the full right to select the winning films to be screened.
13. The Festival Directorate may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
14. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the Festival, if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
15. All filmmakers/submitters are expected to keep communications with the Festival professional and in good taste. Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any point in the adjudication process, including the nullification of Official Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Festival will only communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to the festival, and that Festival should not be expected to communicate with any other persons.
16. The festival has the right to work with any institution and partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint events or promotions.
17. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
18. The submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that remediation of any sort will be limited to a refund of their submission fees.
19. Films could be from any year.
20. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the Directors Awards shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in North Jakarta. Any dispute arising as a result of submission to the Festival will have a recourse limited to the lesser of either the submission fee paid, or the cost of correcting the issue.
By submitting to our Festival, submitter/filmmaker:
- indicates that they have read, understand, agree with, and will comply all of the Terms and Condition above, and accept all of the terms and conditions herein, in their entirety, without modification.
- agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the Festival.