****DigiFest Temecula ****
Short Film & Video | Podcasts | Music | Animation | Websites | Photography
Graphic Design | Comics | Gaming | Fine Art | Illustration | Scriptwriting | Acting | And more...
DigiFest acknowledges talent in the industry at all levels and ages, incorporating 6th-12th graders, amateurs, and professionals.
JDS Creative Academy, a 501 (c)(3) non profit organization, has reinvented what the City of Temecula recognized as the International Temecula Film and Music Festival into what is now referred to as DigiFest Temecula. DigiFest Temecula is a vehicle for the community and region to come together and experience digital media in many creative and artistic forms. DigiFest Temecula is also a place to learn about industry advancements, how to pursue a career in the industry, and how to incorporate digital arts into the economic culture.
We accept entries in Short Film and Video (30 minutes and under), Animation, Photography, Music, Website Design, Fine Art and Illustration, Podcasts, and Game Design. Make plans to get your tickets for the event so you don't miss the workshops, speakers, and DigiFest awards!
Industry Professionals will score the works in the following Categories to see who may win the Digi Award, Honorable Mention Award and/or Peoples Choice Award:
Films (30 minutes and under), Animation, Website Design, Comics, Photography, Music (5 minutes and under), Music Videos (15 minutes and under), Gaming, Podcasts, Fine Art and Illustration.
How do I submit my work?
All submissions accepted via FilmFreeway. Please follow the directions via FilmFreeway to create your account and submit. Submissions must be downloadable and sharable so that your work can be view during event weekend.
What are the deadlines and fees for DigiFest Temecula 2024?
Submissions Open October 1st - Early deadline Jan. 28
- Professional(Standard): $20 USD
- Student: $10 USD
- Students 18 and Under: $5 Discount
Late Deadline (Jan. 28 - Mar. 10, 2024):
- Professional(Standard): $25 USD
- Students: $15 USD
- Student 18 and Under: $5 Discount
What are the submission requirements?
- Completed entry on FilmFreeway.
- Digital screener - Vimeo link (preferred) or Secure Online Screener.
- Submissions must be uploaded and submitted no later than the deadline date to qualify for the respective entry fees.
- Paid entry fee
- No previously submitted entries to DigiFest accepted
- ONLY ORIGINAL WORK ACCEPTED
- You will be disqualified if previously submitted entries, or non-original work is submitted,
- Films, Music, and Music Videos all have their own
Is my film eligible for DigiFest Temecula?
- DigiFest Temecula eligibility requirements:
- Films must be no more than 30 minutes in length, credits included.
- If selected, films should be available for projection in DCP, but not required.
- All non-English-language films must have English subtitles.
- Must be ORIGINAL work
- Previously submitted work to Digifest will not be accepted.
Do you accept works-in-progress?
DigiFestTemecula accepts only Final cuts
Do you accept films that are already available online?
Yes! DigiFest Temecula does not require a premiere status, so online films are eligible.
Do I need to submit a DCP?
You do not need to have a DCP for consideration.
Do I need to submit a press kit or any other materials?
You do not need to provide any publicity materials with your official submission. The programming department will reach out to you directly with materials requests if they are needed.
When will I know if I've been selected?
Please check your messages on FilmFreeway if you do not receive an email by April 10, 2024. You can email us at email@example.com if you do not receive a message.
Will my work be presented at the festival?
Not all entered work is guaranteed to be exhibited or screened, you must receive the email that you have been accepted. Work that is accepted into the festival will either be exhibited or special screened. If your work is a part of the special screening, you will get an exclusive invitation via email.
Not all accepted work to Digifest will be shown at a special screening.
For class and k-12 student discounts on entries