This is an International Dance Film Festival and is held in May from 12 to 21 in Tenerife, Canary Islands.
It takes place within the DanceTTack program, a festival that includes live dance, workshops, discussion forums, professional meetings and other activities.
The projections are made in different municipalities of the island for a week, and in others provinces. Prizes are revealed on the last day.
- Best international dance movie.
- Co production prize.
Please, read carefully:
Open call for CineDanza of DanzaTTack2023, International Dance and DanceFilm Festival, to be held from 12 to 21 May 2023 in El Sauzal (Tenerife - Canary Islands).
The deadline is 31 March 2023.
Submissions will be received exclusively through FilmFreeway.
(DanzaTTack does not charge a registration fee).
- In a first selection, each work will be classified as Under Consideration or Disqualified depending on whether or not it complies with the regulations.
- In a second phase, the works that are considered by the jury will be classified as Undecided. This means that the work has been pre-selected (the platform does not have this option).
- When the jury has finished voting and the organisation has checked that everything is correct, the works will be classified as Selected or Not Selected. At this point, the original laurel of the Official Selection DanzaTTack2023 will be sent. No laurel other than the original one delivered by us will be validated.
- The week before the start of the festival, the results of the scores will be published on www.danzattack.com.
The status of all works that have reached this point will remain as Selected, except for the winners of the competition and the one selected for co-production, which will change to awarded. There may also be an Honourable Mention.
A high definition copy of the work will be requested if it is selected.
- The International DanceFilm Festival, DanzaTTack2023, is competitive.
- Only one work per director may be submitted. Works submitted after the first one will be disqualified.
- The maximum duration of the submitted work, including credits, will be 15 minutes.
- The date of the piece cannot be earlier than 2019.
- The selected videos may be exhibited at the El Sauzal Cultural Center and other alternative venues on the date estimated by the organisation, depending on the final programme established wich will be between 1 and 31 May 20232, and at the Burgos New York International Choreography Competition at the end of July 2023. The dates and venues will be published at www.danzattack.com and on social networks.
- The screenings are organised on a non-profit basis, however, the express authorisation of their producers is requested for the realisation of the corresponding exhibitions.
- Exclusions: Documentary works, those that are exclusively animation, video clips and, in general, those that are not considered dance films are expressly excluded. We recommend that an allusion to dance appears under "Project type" or "Genre".
- In the case of dialogue, the works must be subtitles in Spanish.
- The official selection will be made public on festival’s social networks and website. The official communication of the selection will be made through the festival's email, invalidating any other means.
1.- Prize for the best cinematographic dance work, endowed with five hundred euros (500 €),
3.- Selection for co-production, endowed with one thousend euros (€ 1500), consisting in the selection of a director to co-produce a new work that must be premiered at DanzaTTack2023.
The amounts of the prizes may vary depending on the support received by the festival.
The prizes may be declared void.
Participation in the contest implies acceptance of the rules. The jury's verdict is final.
In case of being selected, we will contact the email that appears in the registry.