Dakota Film Festival (DFF) is dedicated to supporting the work of emerging and talented filmmakers and video artists by promoting local video/film production and by expanding awareness of professional careers within the industry.
Terms of Eligibility:
• Must have a Total Run Time no longer than 30 min.
• Any genre is accepted; however, content must be non-commercial.
• Must have been completed within the past two years of submission date.
• Must NOT have screened in the Bismarck area prior to our festival.
• Non-English films must have English sub-titles.
Entrants are responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and releases for public screening of their work. Each entrant warrants to DFF that his or her entry:
• Is completely an original work of the entrant(s) or other filmmaker(s) represented by the entrant.
• Is not in violation/conflict of the trademark, copyright, or any other rights of any person or entity.
The official screening panel, at its sole discretion, will make a number of "Official Selections" from eligible entries received.
Each entrant shall retain the copyright in and to his or her respective entry. However, by entering, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that DFF shall have the right to use entrant’s names, photographs, likenesses, voice, and/or biographical information for DFF programming, publication, publicity, advertising and all other promotional purposes without compensation, review, or approval.
An entry fee must accompany each entry and submissions are accepted via FilmFreeway. By submitting an entry, or entries, you agree to these Submission Guidelines and acknowledge that the decisions of the DFF officials will be binding and final.
DFF is administered by Dakota Media Access (DMA) and is managed by a volunteer committee.