Dakota Film Festival (DFF) is dedicated to supporting the work of emerging and talented filmmakers and video artists by promoting local video/film production and by expanding awareness of professional careers within the industry.
Films submitted here will be considered for screening during Friday Night of Shorts or the Saturday MATINEE.
Terms of Eligibility:
• Must have a Total Run Time no longer than 20 min.
• Any genre is accepted; however, content must be non-commercial.
• Must have been completed within the past two years of submission date.
• Must NOT have screened in the Bismarck area prior to our festival.
• Non-English films must have English sub-titles.
Entrants are responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and releases for public screening of their work. Each entrant warrants to DFF that his or her entry:
• Is completely an original work of the entrant(s) or other filmmaker(s) represented by the entrant.
• Is not currently distributed in any media or format, with the exception of other film festival submissions and screenings.
• Is not in violation/conflict of the trademark, copyright, or any other rights of any person or entity.
The official screening panel, at its sole discretion, will make a number of "Official Selections" from eligible entries received. Official Selection entrants may be asked to:
• Submit a high resolution copy of their film (if not previously submitted).
• Submit any promotional materials they may have; including but not limited to, a personal bio & photo, still images(s) of their film, trailer(s), press kit, bonus material and out-takes.
• Participate in promotional and publicity activities (e.g. public appearances, media events, interviews) to promote DFF.
Each entrant shall retain the copyright in and to his or her respective entry. However, by entering, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that DFF shall have the right to use entrant’s names, photographs, likenesses, voice, and/or biographical information for DFF programming, publication, publicity, advertising and all other promotional purposes without compensation, review, or approval.
An entry may be declared ineligible for any of the following reasons:
• Contains content determined by DFF, in its sole discretion, as indecent, inappropriate, morally objectionable or otherwise unfit for dissemination or broadcast.
• Contains material which may infringe or violate any law or any rights of a third party.
• Does not meet basic technical standards.
• Does not adhere to stated Total Run Time requirements.
• Does not satisfy these Submission Guidelines in any respect.
An entry fee must accompany each entry and submissions are accepted via FilmFreeway. By submitting an entry, or entries, you agree to these Submission Guidelines and acknowledge that the decisions of the DFF officials will be binding and final.
DFF, its affiliates, employees, directors, and volunteers will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged, technically corrupt, or misdirected entries. Submitted materials (photographs, press kits, etc.) may not be acknowledged or returned due to the volume of materials submitted.
DFF is administered by Dakota Media Access (DMA) and is managed by a volunteer committee.