Film making processes has been changed a lot with the advent of new technologies, especially handheld digital devices like smartphone. This has opened doors for filmmakers by creating an environment where talent, creativity and hard work counts more than budget and industry connections. Believing that anybody with a thought-provoking concept or a touchy story can make a great film, the festival will showcase works of new generation and find talented students using a tool so simple and readily available that it’s often overlooked: mobile phone.
The first rule- all films must be shot with mobile phones, and for the Competition category Director must be a current student of any university in Under graduate or Graduate level and for the One Minute category Director must be a current student of grade 1 - 12. READ TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR FILM.
Dhaka International Mobile Film Festival (DIMFF) has been started in 2015 as Cinemascope Mobile Film Competition (CMFC) . The festival upholds and promotes the motto 'New generation, New tools, New communication'. The festival is free of entry. Competition category is restricted to university students in Under Graduate or Graduate level and One Minute Film category is restricted to Grade 1 - 12 students.. Films for this festival must be shot in a mobile phone (cell-phone/smart phone). However, there is no restriction regarding brand, model and operating system of the phone as well as post-production tools. The films must be submitted in MPEG4 (*.mp4) format.
Web Address: www.dimff.net
Facebook Event: www.facebook.com/events/1577048055727758
Follow DIMFF: www.facebook.com/ULABCinemaScope
Follow CinemaScope: www.facebook.com/CinemaScopeULAB
CinemaScope Best Film (Competition Category): Cash prize, Crest and Certificate
ULAB Young Film Maker (One Minute Category): Cash prize, Crest and Certificate
Screening Category Selection: Certificate, Gift Box
Competition Category Selection: Certificate, Gift Box
One Minute Category Selection: Certificate, Gift Box
Rules & Terms:
1. Screening: Any one from any region can submit films shot in mobile phone. Selected films will screen in festival.
2. Competition: Only university student of Under Graduate or Graduate level can participate in this competition section. Selected films will be screened in Dhaka International Mobile Film Festival and best film will get ‘CinemaScope Best Film’ award.
3. One Minute: Only grade 1 to 12 students can participate in this competition section. Selected films will be screened in Dhaka International Mobile Film Festival and best film will get ‘ULAB Young Film Maker’ award.
1. Director of the film can be single or group (maximum 4 persons).
2. Only director or a representative of the directors (for group) can submit his/her film.
3. For Competition category, participant must be a University student who has a student identity card valid at least till March 2019.
4. For One Minute Category, participant must be a grade 1to12 student who has a student identity card valid at least till March 2019.
5. Each participant can submit maximum 2 films.
6. Films screened and/or participated in other festivals and/or competitions are also welcome.
7. Films submitted in previous DIMFF will not be accepted.
1. Films must be shot in a mobile phone (cell-phone/Smart phone) for any category. There is no restriction regarding brand, model and operating system of the phone.
2. Multiple mobile phones can be used in shooting; however, usage of footage(s) shot by any other device(s) such as DSLR, compact cameras or hybrid android cameras will disqualify the film.
3. Use of additional equipment is allowed, including (but not limited to) external microphone, lenses, lighting tools and tripod.
4. All films must be submitted in MPEG4 (.mp4) format.
5. Use of Animation/VFX must not be more than 30% of total duration.
6. Any device or software may be used in post-production process such as editing video and audio, color-correction and special effects.
7. For Screening and Competition Category Maximum duration of the film must be within 10 minutes including title and credit line.
8. For One Minute Category Maximum duration of the film must be within 1minute including title and credit line.
9. English subtitle is mandatory and should be merged with the visual.
10. There is no restriction regarding theme/topic. All genres are welcome.
11. Use of any copyrighted materials is prohibited unless there is a written permission.
12. No nudity, profanity, extreme violence or racist content is allowed.
13. CinemaScope will preserve the right to archive, publish and use submitted materials for academic, commercial and non-commercial purpose.
Deadline and submission:
1. No entry fee is required.
2. Submission deadline is September 16, 2018.
3. Late submission will cost $20 (Screening Category), $10 (Competition Category) & $5 (One Minute Category). No submission will be allowed after October 14, 2018.
4. Submission will accept by FilmFreeway only. Please use <https://filmfreeway.com/DIMFF> for film submission.
5. After primary selection you will ask to submit, Film Poster, Photograph and Biography of the Directors, Scanned copy of both sides of Student Identity Card (for Competition category & One Minute category only), Scanned copy of national ID / Passport, Video of Making of the film- Behind the scene.
6. Behind the scene must contain sufficient proof that your film was shot with a mobile phone. Director should talk about advantages and disadvantages of the mobile phone used for filming in ‘Making of the Film’. Duration of this video should be within 3 to 5 minutes.
1. Acceptance notification will be sent by email on December 30, 2018.
2. The judges may disqualify a film if they have reason to believe that it does not comply with the competition’s terms and conditions.
3. Finally selected films will be screened at ULAB Auditorium on February 15 & 16, 2019. DIMFF 2020 will be announced at the end of the event.
4. CinemaScope reserves the right to withdraw the awards at any time if there is a formal complaint regarding violation of intellectual property right or Screening, Competition & One Minute category rules.