Cusco WebFest is the digital content festival that gives voice to national and international creators.
We believe in new media as a democratic tool to empower the communities from our territories, focusing with special attention on the Andean community but also open to the rest of the world within a vision of connection between peoples. (Subminting to our festival you are giving a 5% of your fee to charity).
Three principal categories: national; to empower digital content with a social impact, latinamerican; to connect with South American creatives, international; to open Andean culture to the rest of the world.
Our festival is looking to screen all genres of series and to give support to digital works that make a difference.
International Cinematography & Media Prizes:
• Best Micro Series: statuette + certificate + S/ 2000,00 (two thousand nuevos soles)*
• Best Webdoc: statuette + certificate + S/ 2000,00 (two thousand nuevos soles)*
• Best Animated Series: statuette + certificate + S/ 2000,00 (two thousand nuevos soles)*
• Best Shortfilm – Fiction: statuette + certificate + Artistic Camp
• Best Shortfilm – Not Fiction: statuette + certificate + Artistic Camp
• Best LGTBi Emporwerment: certificate + partner festival direct selection
• Best Pilot: digital certificate + Mentoring
• Best Performance / Best Direction of Photography / Best Art Direction / Best Screenwriter / Best Production / Best Performance / Best Montage / Best Sound Design / Best Original Music Score / Best VFX / Best FX / Best Animated Design (All these categories receive a digital certficate)
• Best Fiction Podcast
• Best Action Sound Design on a Fiction Podcast
• Best Environmental
• Sound Design of a Fiction
• Best Direct Best Writing
• Script Best Performance
• Best Ensemble Cast
International Actual Play
• Best Actual Play - Podcast
• Best Actual Play - Video
• Best Player Character
• Best Game Master
• Best Editing of an Actual Play
• Best Ensemble Cast of an Actual Play
• Best Sound Design of an Actual Play
(Best Fiction Podcast & Best Actual Play receive an statuette + certificate; the rest of categories receive a digital certficate)
Latinamerican Cinematography Prizes:
• Best Micro Series: statuette + certificate + cinematography course
• Best Webdoc: statuette + certificate + cinematography course
• Best Female Empowerment: certificate + cinematography course
• Best Director or Directress / Best Direction of Photography / Best Art Direction / Best Screenwriter / Best Production / Best Performance / Best Montage/ Best Sound Design / Best Original Music Score / Best VFX / Best FX (All these categories receive a digital certficate)
National Cinematography Prizes:
• Best Pitching: certificate + CWF mentoring + S/ 2000,00 (two thousand nuevos soles)
• Best Micro Series: statuette + certificate + CHILE DIGITAL direct selection
• Best Webdoc: statuette + certificate + CHILE DIGITAL direct selection
• Best Director or Directress / Best Direction of Photography / Best Art Direction / Best Screenwriter / Best Production / Best Performance / Best Montage/ Best Sound Design / Best Original Music Score / Best VFX / Best FX (All these categories receive a certficate)
National Digital Communication & New Storytelling Prizes:
• Best Interactive Media / Best Transmedia / Best Digital Platform / Best Podcast /
• Best Quechua Media / Best Social Impact / Best Vlogger / Best National Communicator
• Best Pitching Project
• Best Videoclip
• New Talent
* Cash Prizes will be paid according to the exchange rate at the time of the transfer in US dollars. Please, for further information about CWF '23 Rules visit our website www.cuscowebfest.com
Web Series, Webdocs, Animated Series, Podcast and Actual Play Projets produced between the years 2021-2023 can submit to the competition. A minimum of 3 chapters issued is required at the time of submission.
Producers can submit their works until February 17th, 2023.
The audience attending the screenings will choose the audience award through an online voting system.
Competitors must hold all the rights of exhibition and promotion of the works and material they represent. The festival declines any responsibility regarding the infringement of this rule.
Participation in this festival implies acceptance of the Cusco WebFest organizers rules. For further information, please contact us or visit our website www.cuscowebfest.com
General Rules Submission:
1. International films made in languages other than English, Spanish or Portuguese must have subtitles in one of the mentioned languages.
2. A Director / Producer / Runner may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
3. Creators of International Fiction Podcasts, Actual Play audio or video projects can submit a maximum of 30 minutes from your series for our judges. This can be a straight 30 minute excerpt, it could be a “highlight reel” of sorts, or anything in between. It is entirely up to you to decide what gets included in your submission, but know that is the primary thing our judges will use for acceptances, nominations, and awards. If your submission is longer than 30 minutes, initial judging will be just on that first 30 minutes.
Actual Play creators. All audio-only projects should submit as “Actual Play (Podcast)" and all livestreams and pre-recorded/edited video projects should submit as "Actual Play (Video)”. Your submission must be a maximum of 30 minutes, which you could submit an excerpt of an episode, or create a highlight reel of sorts. If you have any questions at all, contact Ned at email@example.com.
4. Cusco Web Fest will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible.
5. After a film, podcast or video has been an official selection, the filmmaker/producer will be notified, and eventually the film, podcast or video will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections.
6. The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film, podcast or video will be screened at the festival. It means that you are now eligible for the nomination and you can use the festival laurel on your poster.
7. An official selection and a nominee will be privately screened for the Cusco WebFest judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
8. Winners of each category will receive a laurel & certificate.
9. Submissions fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
10. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve right to re-assign films, podcasts or videos to the appropriate category.
11. Cusco WebFest may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall be become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.