Curation Hour is a platform dedicated to celebrating content across fashion, music, dance, art, design, lifestyle and contemporary culture. We accept independent projects, as well commercial work - as long as it fits within one of categories, then Curation Hour is your home.
Every submission is personally reviewed by us. We are looking for short film, animations, documentaries and video content that make us question our understanding of society. We curate content that is well crafted, emotionally engaging and has a unique aesthetic sensibility. If selected, we’ll feature you on Curation Hour and promote your work through our social media channels. Being featured also means having the chance to be included in our monthly curated playlist and newsletter.
But that’s not all. We know how important it to make sure that the right people see your work. This is why we have put together a growing network of professionals to share your work with. These are meaningful connections built over the years - journalists, film festival programmers and awards directors with the power to provide even more visibility to your work. Equipped with an understanding of what they are looking for, we share with them the strongest works per category on a regular basis. Think of it as a form of matching; if they like the work they’ll reach out to you directly.
1) Productions must be 15 minutes or under.
2) We do not have premiere policy. On the contrary, videos should be (or will be by the time we post) publicly available online.
3) Productions should not be older than 3 months from the online release date.
4) No refunds, as the submission fee covers the running costs of the platform and the work of our team.
What kind of work are you looking for?
We focus on fashion, music, dance, art, design, lifestyle and contemporary culture.
Will my work be showcased online?
If selected, we will feature you work on Curation Hour and our social media channels.
How long will it take to know whether I've been selected?
We'll generally review your work within ten days.
Why a network formed by journalists, film festival and awards directors?
We want to present your work to those with the power to share your work.
Can I submit multiple videos?
Yes, you can.
Is there a deadline to submit?
No, we accept submissions on a rolling basis.
Will there be an award/live event?
No yet, but we are thinking about it as well as meet-ups in the future.
Who's behind Curation Hour?
Curation Hour was set up by Niccolò Montanari. He co-founded Berlin Fashion Film Festival in 2012 and currently represents directors and productions companies as publicist and festival strategist.
- Submitters must own, or have legally procured, the rights to any and all material submitted.
- Submitters must have access to, and be able to provide to the festival upon request, all releases for talent, music, or any other copy-written materials used in their film.
- Submissions imagery, including film and clips, will be available for use in the platform's promotional activities. Director’s bio/photo, and other film written information will also be available for promotional purposes.
- Submitters agree to have their details shared with the platform's board of curators
- The platform may publicly display your submission or content from your submission on its website, social platforms, in marketing materials, and on third party platforms.
- The work must be an original work by you or you must be one of the principal creators and therefore have permission to distribute and promote the film publicly and to grant all licensing.
- By submitting any film, you are stating that you own the intellectual property and rights attached to your submission and that you retain ownership of said intellectual property. By submitting any film, you grant and licence Curation Hour and its partners and associations, a worldwide licence to use, edit, distribute, publicly display, transmit, reproduce, in all media formats now and in the future. The licence will commence the date and time your work is submitted and will continue in perpetuity.