We’re looking for dark, scary, creepy, bloody, haunting, nasty, indie, underground, eerie, violent, strange, unusual, horror, horrific, weird, and macabre!
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
To scare the hell out of you!
To make the audience squirm in their seats!
In short, to represent the best emerging horror bubbling up from the underground to invade your brain, haunt your nightmares, and give you bragging rights!
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
In 2017 Crypticon Seattle was picked as the Best Convention in Seattle by the readers of The Seattle Weekly. Crypticon Seattle, the convention is in its 11th year and Crypticon Seattle Film Festival is in its 7th year.
Crypticon Seattle is the convention celebrating the Pacific Northwest’s Darker Side. Three days of your favorite actors, authors, and artists, along with tons of new people and things you never knew existed. But we are so much more than a tidal wave of blood, guts, and scares.
What started as a modest convention for hardcore horror fans has turned into a huge event of the creepy and supernatural, held in an impressive venue. One of Crypticon Seattle’s biggest reasons for existing is to help support the arts. We have opportunities for local, and not-so-local, talent in all fields, be that movies, television, radio, music, art, literature, or creators and purveyors of household products and games—all dark-themed to tickle the terrifying fancies of our lurid Seattle horde.
Some of our most popular yearly events include the film festival and contest, the makeup contest, and the writing contest, and the art and costume contests. We also have the ever-popular Biohazard parties, question and answer panels with top names in the business, and opportunities to meet actors, authors, artists, directors, paranormal experts—just to name a few. Between the scheduled activities, you can browse the wares in the vendor room and meet other like-minded ghouls in a weekend bathed in the fascinating and gruesome.
Crypticon welcomes and supports all types of dark art and encourages people from all walks of life to come and enjoy the show. Love zombies? We got ya! Vampires? Yes! Goth, fetish, dark fantasy or sci-fi? Yeah, we’ve got that, too!
Crypticon Seattle is a great weekend of fun and frights!
If you are a NW filmmaker, contact us for a submissions waiver. NW films can submit with no fee. Your film must have been shot in Idaho, Oregon, or Washington to qualify for this waiver. If you have screened at previous Crypticon Seattle film festivals you are also eligible for a waiver.
We give several awards at our festival:
• Jury Selections of "Best Short" and "Best Feature"
I, the undersigned, acknowledge and agree:
1 . I have read, understated and fully comply with all submission eligibility information, Submission Guidelines, Terms and Conditions of Entry, and Entry Eligibility requirements.
2 . To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true.
3 . This film or video is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
4 . I am duly authorized to submit this film to the festival.
5 . I hold Crypticon harmless from any damage to the print(s) or tape(s) en route or otherwise during the course of the festival’s possession of the film.
6 . I hold Crypticon, its owners, management, juries, subsidiaries, agents, sponsors, affiliates, and etc. harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from my entry.
7 . I certify that I have full rights to the use of the music in the entered work.
8. Once an entry payment has been processed we cannot provide a refund. If a payment is disputed, the account holder may be subject to any fees.
9. I give permission for Crypticon to use stills, titles, copy, and/or information from the short or feature for promotional purposes
10. I give permission for Crypticon to screen the film at the 2017 Seattle Crypticon Film Festival. Any future screenings will only be done with filmmakers permission.
11. Entrant's name, address, and the production's title must be on each case or videotape / DVD.
12. If a film is invited to participate, the film must be shipped prepaid, insured and packed in proper containers or submitted online per festival request. Details will be provided upon selection.
13.Crypticon does not assume any liability for damage to prints due to improper containers.
14. Crypticon is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Crypticon from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.