If you think you know Mississippi ... think again! Jackson, Mississippi is the cultural crossroads of the south (hence the name - Crossroads Film Festival) and is the place where all the good stuff gets thrown together. This is where the music of delta Bluesman Robert Johnson runs straight into the home of the International Ballet Competition. We are home to Tennessee Williams, Willie Morris, Eudora Welty, William Faulkner, James Earl Jones, Oprah Winfrey, Morgan Freeman, and some of the world’s greatest historians, photographers, and musicians.
We are also home to some real quirky and creative folks, fried catfish, sweet tea, and a film festival to rival the best of them. Since 2000, the Crossroads Film Society has hosted the annual Crossroads Film Festival, 75 -100 of the best and most innovative international, US, Southern, and Mississippi independent films. Come challenge Mississippi’s creative class & be showered in Southern hospitality. There’ll be cash prizes, Southern celebrities, workshops, daily receptions and nightly jukin’ with live music.
It’s all about your story. Share it. Come see us and we’ll show you a great time!
Filmmakers from Mississippi and around the world present and compete in the categories of Feature Film, Short, Documentary, Experimental, Foreign, Student, Music Video and Animation. Crossroads Film Festival awards between 10-15 pieces of handmade, local glass artwork each year, and many categories also win cash prizes. Each year a special award, the Ruma Award for Most Promising Mississippi Filmmaker, is given to a talented hometown filmmaker. The Ruma Award is a piece of commissioned artwork which is presented to the Ruma Award winner. Over the history of the festival, Ruma art has included paintings, sculptures, and even a set of wooden nesting dolls!
1. All entry deadline dates are enforced. All decisions made by Crossroads Film Festival are final.
2. By entering Crossroads Film Festival, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by the official rules of the Crossroads Film Festival.
3. Principals and those affiliated with Crossroads Film Society and Film Festival are eligible to submit films for consideration and competition and to be judged by an independent jury; however, they shall not be eligible for any monetary prize if that film is selected to receive an award. Films submitted by independent judges for Crossroads Film Festival are not eligible for competition during the year in which the judge serves on the jury panel for the Festival.
4. "Mississippi Filmmakers" must have a current Mississippi address.
5. Please submit in the correct category and by the stated deadlines. Festival organizers reserve the right to change a film entry’s category to the appropriate category, and to bill the filmmaker for any additional fees if necessary. Festival organizers also reserve the right to disqualify entries that have not been paid in full and/or have not been received by stated deadlines. All prices are given in US Dollars ($).
6. The Festival reserves the right to impose a $40 surcharge for returned checks.
7. In submitting films to the Crossroads Film Festival, the filmmaker represents that s/he is authorized to submit this film for screening at the Crossroads Film Festival. S/he acknowledges that the film may be screened more than once during the festival and for subsequent screenings Crossroads may use as "Best of the Fest," and/or other partnership screenings for which Crossroads may showcase accepted and screened films after the festival. S/he grants the Crossroads Film Society the nonexclusive right to use submitted materials in connection with any and all publicity and promotional materials regarding the festival. S/he warrants that the submitted film does not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any person or entity and agrees to hold harmless and fully indemnify and defend the Crossroads Film Society and its representatives against any and all claims made for such infringement or any other violations of law.
WE NEED YOUR INFO!!
On the project form of your FilmFreeway filmmaker account, please include the following information:
1. Current, complete contact info (name, address, city/state/zip, phone, email).
2. Filmmaker(s) biography/resume.
3. Technical credits on the film: director(s), producer(s), year of production, country(ies) of production
Crossroads Film Festival
P. O. Box 22604
Jackson, MS 39225-2604
Crossroads Film Festival
c/o Mississippi Arts Center
201 E. Pascagoula St.
Jackson, MS 39201