Crescent City Film Festival is a three-day, student-run event focused on providing a stepping stone for new and emerging voices. Last year, we focused our efforts toward local Louisiana filmmakers and artists. This year the CCFF will be opening up its submissions to America’s southern region and Puerto Rico. We accept work from Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico, Louisiana, Arkansas, Virginia, West Virginia, Oklahoma, and Kentucky. Crescent City strives to create an inclusive and welcoming community for creators to share their talents and foster lasting connections. Both students and non-students are encouraged to submit their work. The event will take place in late-April and feature a small group of jurors.
Awards will be given by audience choice and festival jury.
1. Online screeners must be embedded in each film’s FilmFreeway submission profile.
2. Accepted films will be required to submit an image and a short description.
3. Student submissions are free, but you must email us an image of your current student ID (see email below).
4. Awards will be given by audience choice and jury
5. Exhibition formats are required to be submitted in advance of the festival and must be either Pro-Res or H.264 file formats.
6. Crescent City is not responsible for any copyright infringement or unauthorized use.
7. In order to qualify, you must currently reside in America's southern regions: Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico, Louisiana, Arkansas, Virginia, West Virginia, Oklahoma, and Kentucky..
8. Short films are limited to 30 minutes.
9. Once a film has been submitted, no further changes are allowed.
10. There are no restrictions on the amount of entries a filmmaker submits.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.