The Courage Film Festival is aimed at all the filmmakers and screenwriters who use their work to take a stand and fight for what they believe is right! We're now looking for submissions for our the edition in Berlin in Spring 2023.
We welcome films and screenplays that fight for good causes and portray the struggles and adversity that people and groups face when trying to bring about positive change and influence in a world where you sometimes have to shout in order to make yourself heard.
We are looking for stories that spark discussions and debates and are the protagonists for positive change and development in the world. All themes are welcome, covering topics such as women, immigration, the environment, family, equality, mental health, disability, etc.
People face challenges every day. Will your story ignite courage in another human?
We want to hear your stories and give you a platform to share them and to also discuss the issues portrayed in your film with like-minded filmmakers. Our events include screenings and Q&A sessions about the main themes of the festival.
Let the Courage Film Festival be the platform where you grab the world’s attention to champion your cause and raise awareness.
We're now also planting trees with Grow My Tree. Only our award winners receive certificates for the trees planted, but each and every submission contributes. Let's plant a greener world together!
Note: Our website is down at the moment - we are working on getting it back up as fast as possible!
The courageous films and screenplays in our official selection and semifinalists receive digital laurels.
Our awards change every year and are given to films and screenplays in our official selection.
If you win one of our awards, you will receive:
- A digital laurel
- A digital certificate of your award
- A digital certificate of trees planted that edition with Grow My Tree
We do not offer monetary prizes at this time.
All filmmakers or script writers that submit to the Courage Film Festival must agree to the following conditions:
- All films must include English subtitles if they are not in English.
- All films must be submitted to the correct category: Feature films more than 25 minutes; Short films under 25 minutes; Documentary Feature films more than 35 minutes; Documentary Short films under 35 minutes.
- All screenplays must be in English and have under 120 pages (approximately).
- All student films must provide student ID or similar proof.
- All Iranian films may be submitted for free only during the first deadline of each edition.
- The festival reserves the right to check all material is suitable for screening and holds the right to reject material deemed unsuitable without issuing a refund. The judges and screening committee’s decisions are final.
- If you withdraw your film or script from the festival we reserve the right to not issue a refund.
- You agree to allow the Courage Film Festival to use the materials submitted and relevant press information for promotion and other media activities if the film is selected to be screened.
- Unfortunately, the Courage Film Festival does not pay screening fees. We do not provide invitation letters for visa purposes either.
- Filmmakers and scriptwriters are solely responsible and accountable for obtaining the correct permission to use any materials they do not already own the rights to, including but not limited to, music, logos, trademarks and all intellectual property rights. The Courage Film Festival will not be held responsible for failure to do so.
- By submitting to us, you give consent to receive occasional emails (~4 per year) with tips and discount codes for submissions to us and partner festivals. Reach out to us on email@example.com if you don't want to be on this list or, alternatively, unsubscribe as soon as you receive the first email in a link there. We'll never spam - we just want to support your festival tour!