Documentary & Experimental Film Center (DEFC) organizes "Cinema Vérité" 14th Iran International Documentary Film Festival on December 9th- 16th, 2020.
The festival tries to express the relationship between reality and truth though documentary films.
The international Jury will award the following prizes:
1. Best Full-Length Documentary, longer than 70 minutes, 5000 Dollars, Diploma and trophy of the festival
2. Best Mid-Length Documentary, 40 to 70 minutes, 4000 Dollars, Diploma and trophy of
3. Best Short documentary to 40 minutes, 3000 Dollars, Diploma and trophy of the festival
4. Special Jury prize: 2000 Dollars, Diploma and trophy of the festival.
I. International Competition
The international competition consists of three sections:
To 40 minutes (Short Competition Section)
40 to 70 minutes (Mid-Length Competition Section)
Over 70 minutes (Full-Length Competition Section)
The eligible documentaries:
- Produced after January 2019
- All formats and subjects.
II. Non-competitive section
All the documentaries in all lengths, formats, and subjects produced after 2018 are eligible to participate in "Special, Tribute, Retrospective and Panorama sections” which is non-competitive.
New Section for Cinema Verite 2020
Dear Documentary Filmmakers,
With respect to the ongoing crisis caused by COVID-19, we all share the same concern to defeat this pandemic disease with a global support, that’s why we would appreciate to dedicate a special section with the issue of Corona virus “COVID-19” at the next edition of Iran International Documentary film Festival “Cinema Verite”, 2020 which affects everybody around the world. COVID-19 cancellations and quarantines sweep the globe.
So we would like to invite you all to send us your documentaries with this issue.