THE SUPERPOWER TO REGENERATE!
CALLING STUDENTS TO TELL US A STORY ABOUT THE SUPERPOWER TO REGENERATE! CINEMA CULTURAS FILM FESTIVAL INVITES STUDENTS TO PARTICIPATE IN ITS "Regeneration: How does adversity help you grow?" INTERNATIONAL STORYTELLING, FILM & MUSIC STUDENT COMPETITION 2023
*For Elementary to High School Students (K-12) only*
Tell us a story about 1) How adversity helps you grow or 2) Our hero of regeneration, "Axolotl" that's in danger of extinction. How should we save it and why?
Your short film can be science or non-science focused, and it can be in English or Spanish or any other language as long as it has English subtitles. Free submission
Cinema Culturas Annual Film Festival screens award-winning feature films, documentaries, shorts & animation, with a focus on independent film. Besides screening films by professionals in the industry, Cinema Culturas has an annual International Student Film Competition with the purpose of celebrating the creative talent of students around the world. Students from All countries are welcome to submit their work to our Student Competition. Good luck!
The winning and finalist films will be screened online at Cinema Culturas Festival (Fall)
Prizes will be awarded for 1st place ($150.00 US gift card) 2nd place ($100.00 US gift card) and 3rd place ($50.00 US gift card).
1. Short films must be submitted via FilmFreeway
2. This competition is only for K-12th grade students (elementary, middle school and high school students) and it's open to All students regardless of country/ethnicity.
3. Students must be 18 years old or younger in order to be able to participate in this competition.
4. Short films must be original creations by students K-12
5. Only films that have not been screened before will be accepted.
6. Students younger than 18 years must submit a written permission by a parent/guardian in order for the film to participate in the film competition and be use for promotional purposes.
7. Film submissions must include a still representing the film, brief film synopsis and headshot of film creator.
8. All films must be based on one of the following themes:
Overarching theme “The Superpower to Regenerate"
*In addition, you can adapt music to your short film or include original music and your film would compete for Best Short Film and Best Music!
You may choose to submit a short film in One of the following themes:
The Superpower to regenerate: How does adversity help you grow?
The Superpower to regenerate; The Axolotl is in danger of extinction. How should we save it and why?
9. Your short film can be science or non science focused, and it be in English, Spanish or any other language. *English Subtitles must be included with any other language.
10. If you create original music for your film, please make sure you indicate this in your film in the credits. If you are adapting music (music for which you don't have copyrights, please make sure you give credit to the original creator and make sure you follow all legal rules regarding adapting music before you included in your film submission. For more details you can visit the rule at cinemaculturas.com and click on "Call for Entries.")