Longest running festival of its kind, the Christian Youth Film Festival encourages young people to create excellent movies integrating the Christian faith. The gala screening includes young filmmakers all dressed up, arriving in limos, and walking the red carpet. Exclusive VIP dinner is a highlight for young producers. Industry professionals serve as judges both before and during the screening. Past celebrities have included: Dean Batali, Karen Covell, Jim Schmidt, Jenn Gotzon, Bobby Downes, Coleman Luck, Chuck Konzleman, Cary Solomon, Mitchell Callisch, Brenda Lorena Garcia, Jim Covell, Daniel Florin, and many others.
"Best of..." Trophies; such as "Best Actor", "Best Screenplay", "Best Application of Scripture", "Best Cinematography", "Best Production Value", "Best Director", and more.
Giant Checks (cash)
* Best of College Division: approximately $623
* Best of High School Division: nearly $615
* Best of Junior High/Middle School: about $395
Prizes such as free acting lessons, "on set" opportunities, etc...
Each entry receives written critique from judges, two really cool lanyards, and two awesome VIP all-access passes including all seminars and mixers with judges, directors, and producers. (value over $140)
1. The contest is open to youth ages 12-24, with complete disregard to geographical location, race, hair, religion, creed, sex, ancestry, disabilities, DNA, or military service.
2. All movies must have begun principle production after March 7, 2021. Writing and pre-production may be earlier.
3. Primary positions for talent and crew must be within the specified age bracket. Supporting roles may be from outside the age brackets but not eligible for award consideration.
4. Minimal adult help is allowed and encouraged. This means adults may advise or demonstrate with the goal of teaching. Adults may drive, help secure equipment and locations, or provide the pizza. Adults should strive to help kids be better filmmakers, learn new skills, and develop hidden talents.
5. Movies must be wholesome and compatible with a Biblical Christian worldview. Content must also be age-appropriate and family friendly for screening to younger audiences, especially for the Jr. High/MS Division screenings.
6. All music copyright, talent, and location releases must be uploaded with entry.
7. Running time is limited to a maximum of 11 minutes including credits and titles.
8. Accurate and complete credits are required.