The Chaos Film Festival is excited to bring independent genera films to rural Southern Ohio. Our late October event showcases horror, sci-fi, action and cult cinema in both short and feature lengths.
Chaos is actually a festival wrapped in a festival... Just outside the doors of the historic Paxton Theatre you'll find yourselves immersed in the action and culture of the annual Fall Festival of Leaves, bringing tens of thousands of visitors to the Village of Bainbridge each year.
The Chaos Film Festival will feature two nights of film screenings.
Best of the Fest (Audience Choice) - $250 Cash Prize, Certificate & Trophy
Best Feature Film - Certificate & Trophy
Best Short Film - Certificate & Trophy
Best SFX Effects - Certificate & Trophy
Best Local Project - Certificate & Trophy
Best Performance - Certificate & Trophy
Please thoroughly read the following before submitting your film:
CHAOS FILM FESTIVAL ENTRY RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1. All film submissions must include a submission fee and a completed online FilmFreeway entry form.
2. Feature films (50 minutes to 130 minutes) and short films (49 minutes or less) are accepted provided they're of the horror, sci-fi, action or cult cinema variety. Digital files only!
3. All films must either be in English or include English subtitles.
4. Once films are submitted, no alterations may be made unless given approval by Chaos festival directors.
5. When final films are selected, filmmakers may be contacted for alternative film formats for programming purposes.
6. Films that have screened and or have received awards at other festivals can be submitted provided they adhere to all rules and regulations.
7. Only films that have been completed by October 2016 or newer will be accepted as part of the competition process.
8. Films with distribution may still be eligible for award consideration.
9. Chaos Film Festival reserves the right to accept, reject, or disqualify any submission at their discretion without a refund. That said, it should be noted that we will watch every film received in its entirety.
10. Not all films selected will necessarily be in competition but filmmakers will be notified either way.
11. Chaos Film Festival does not maintain ownership of any film submitted but does have the legal right to use images and as much as 30 seconds of footage for current and future festival promotional materials.
12. Film submission entry fees must be paid through the FilmFreeway portal as instructed.
13. Award winners will be revealed at the Chaos Film Festival awards ceremony at the end of the festival this October.
14. Filmmakers will be notified whether or not their film has been accepted to Chaos Film Festival no later than September 4th, 2021.
The filmmaker releases Chaos Film Festival and the Paxton Theatre Foundation from any and all liability for damages or destruction of the entered film file. The filmmaker understands that the programmed material will be retained in a secure facility by the festival, and every effort will be taken to protect and control the viewing of this film. The festival assumes no liability whatsoever for theft, copyright violations or piracy of the entry.
The Filmmaker accepts and understands that the festival will do everything possible to present the film in the best possible manner but the festival is not responsible for any malfunctions during screenings. All entries are carefully pre-screened prior to the public showing to assure that the films are in working order. Chaos Film Festival assumes no responsibility for any technical difficulties in the presentation of a film at the actual event.
Chaos Film Festival reserves the complete right to make changes in the program dates and times and to possibly not screen a film, despite it being selected for the festival.
It is the sole responsibility of the filmmaker to obtain the legal use of any and all copyrighted material presented in a film before submitting to a festival. Again, Chaos Film Festival is not liable should a filmmaker fail to do so.
Promotional items and/or any programming materials will not be returned.
All shipping costs are the sole responsibility of the sender.
BY SUBMITTING THE MATERIAL, I/WE HEREBY AGREE TO DEFEND CHAOS FILM FESTIVAL AND THE PAXTON THEATRE FOUNDATION, ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AFFILIATES FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBMISSION AND FROM ANY FEES AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, THAT ANY OF THEM MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.