***Submissions for filmmakers from Ukraine, Afghanistan, Kurdistan, Palestina, Syria, Iraq, are free of charge ***
The Casole Film Festival is a festival for short films taking place in Casole d'Elsa (Siena, Italy), in the heart of Tuscany. The festival celebrates young cinema from all around the world with a selection of new works from emerging directors and passionate storytellers with unique visions.
Films of any genre are accepted (Fiction, Documentaries, Music works, Art works, Experimental works, Animation). The maximun lenght accepted is 20 minute.
Final deadline is May 22, 2024
Casole d'Elsa is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Siena in the Italian region Tuscany, located about 50 kilometres southwest of Florence and about 25 kilometres (16 mi) west of Siena and San Gimignano. The town is on the top of a hill and dominates all the valley.
The event will be in June 2023, in the fabulous open air Amphitheater of Casole d'Elsa, where you will experience one of the best view point on the countryside of all the Tuscany. Before the screening, a free open-air buffet will be available for all the participants.
Interviews with the authors will occour after the screenings of their movies.
For the selected Authors who want to enjoy a long trip in Casole d’Elsa, accommodation with special offer could be available.
Total prize Value: $500-1000 (to be confirmed)
1)Best Movie (Gold apple)
2)Selection Jury award
4) Special Mentions
5) Other possible special awards
• Films are selected for Festival presentation by the Casole Film Festival programming committee.
• The jury will made up of recognized individuals in the cinema and cultural world. The festival management will appoint the members of the official jury who will assign the awards
• The decisions of the Programming Committee and Jury will be FINAL.
• Programming committee decides the number of short films selected for the screening.
• If a film is selected, the Festival office will contact officially the entrant by email.
• If a film is selected, the author will send an email with the dialouge list in english.
• The titles of the Selected films will be published on-line on https://www.facebook.com/casolefilmfestival/
• The Festival organisations have the final decision about controversial cases.
• Final deadline for submission is May 22, 2024
Total prize Value: $500 (to be confirmed)
• Short films and music videos can be submitted electronically via FilmFreeway
• Entry fees are not refundable.
• All genres are accepted.
• Each director may submit a maximum of four short films (entry fee for each project).
• All short films must be subtitled in English for Festival consideration.
• The Festival reserves the right to complete any information not supplied by the filmmaker from whatever source available and will not be responsible if incorrect information is entered.
• Casole Film Festival has the right to add, alter, change, or delete any portion of the guidelines at anytime without notice.
• Casole Film Festival will provide the best quality projection possible but will not be held liable for any failure in the technical quality of the projection, nor will fees be refunded in any such case.
• If accepted entrants grant without reservations, to the Festival, the right to use the movie, footage, stills and/or titles, and information from the Film for promotional purposes, and for the inscriptions to other festival connected to the CFF (in this case, an email will be sent to the author).
• No film may be withdrawn from the festival program after its selection.
• The Festival management reserves the right to modify or suspend the event.
• All informations above shall supersede any other guidelines associated with the Festival.
• The Festival is entitled to make interpretations in any case not considered in these rules and regulations and may make exceptions whenever justified. The Festival Management will review unforeseen cases.
• Who registers the film declares to be the holder of rights to use and remains responsible for the content of the film, exonerating the organization from any civil or criminal liability and against any claim, requests for compensation and damages actions by third parties regarding content and the rights to use the films and images and music in it.
• The participation at the Casole Film Festival implies understanding and acceptance of above regulations.
• The festival management declare that any personal data provided will be used in accordance with Legislative Decree No. 196/2003 as subsequently amended, and in accordance with art. 13 GDPR (EU Regulation 2016/679) and will be processed exclusively for the purposes of the Festival.