Cartoon Club, the INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL OF ANIMATION CINEMA AND COMICS, was born In 1984 and is the main film event in the Emilia-Romagna coast. It takes place in the main areas of Rimini, from the city centre to the sea and it offers its activities throughout the month of July.
- 8th Cartoon Club Award, open to short animated films made by professional filmmakers and production houses. The jury of the Festival will select 20 short films to compete for the award and will put the remaining works in the Cartoon Club Panorama Section.
- 22nd open to animated films made by students of secondary schools, university courses, and the animated film schools. The jury of the Festival will select 20 short films to compete for the award and will put the remaining works in the Signor Rossi Panorama Section.
- International Panorama, non-competitive, open to European and non-European animated feature films and short films.
- Cartoon Junior Award,special section, open to short animation films made by students of primary and secondary schools, during workshops guided by school teachers and experts from the animation cinema field.
- Cartoon Kids Award, among the submitted films the direction of the Festival will select, at its own discretion, some short animated films aimed at a child audience. Among these films a jury of only children will decide the winner.
1. ADMISSION CONDITIONS
Are admitted only short films produced since 1st January 2015 that have not participated to previous editions of the Festival.
The admission is free of charge.
The short films will be selected to unquestionable judgment of the Cartoon Club Festival.
In order to be accepted for the selection, participants must send the following materials with the Entry Form:
- 1 DVD region-free not protected or a .mov or .avi format, in high quality via web (email, wetransfer, on www.FilmFreeway.com, download from server or link);
- for foreign language films you need to send the list of subtitles in English or Italian;
- biography and photo of the director;
- 3 stills of the film (.jpg format, 300 dpi).
Within 30th June 2017, the list of the selected films will be available on the Festival website.
2. DEADLINE TO SUBMIT THE FILMS FOR THE PRE-SELECTION:
30th May 2017. Works received after this date will be accepted only at the Festival's discretion.
3. WHERE TO SEND THE DVDs
The films on DVD must be sent to this address:
VIA CIRCONVALLAZIONE OCCIDENTALE, 58
47923 RIMINI (RN)
The delivery of short films entered from foreign countries must include the necessary customs indication 'No commercial value'.
The Festival will not cover expenses for customs clearance of registered materials.
5. RETURN OF FILMS AND FESTIVAL'S VIDEO ARCHIVE
The video copies will not be returned; they will remain in the Festival’s video library.
Two qualified juries, made up of critics and professionals of the sector, will award the following prizes to unquestionable judgment:
- Signor Rossi Award: a cash prize of 1,200 Euro and a statuette of “Signor Rossi” (the well-known character created by the Italian author Bruno Bozzetto);
- Cartoon Club Award: "Cartoon Club plate";
- Cartoon Kids Award: "Cartoon Kids plate".
The winning authors or their agent will be guests of the Festival to collect their prizes on the final evening.
7. TRANSMISSION AND REPRODUCTION FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES
The short films may also be shown in other events or screenings organized by Cartoon Club.
You hereby authorize the reproduction and transmission for promotional purposes and to store 20% of the work, up to a maximum of 3 minutes.
8. INSURANCE OF WORKS
Each member is responsible for any insurance of the works submitted.
Cartoon Club is not responsible for theft or damage to the works submitted.
9. ACQUITTANCE ABOUT USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Information: according to the Italian law about privacy (d.lgs 196/2003, available for download on our website) about treatment of personal data, the entry form info will not be used nor shared with anyone for commercial purposes. Signing the entry form, you accept the treatment of the personal data in order to receive info related with Cartoon Club and its activities (i.e.: publication of contact info in the Festival catalogue, sending you catalogues and/or new entry forms, sending selections of films for other festivals or cultural associations, etc. Without your signature (and therefore your consent), Cartoon Club will not be able to process your application.
10. RULES ACCEPTATION AND FILMS PROMOTION
Participation in the Festival implies full acceptance of the terms of the present regulations.
For any case not contemplated, the decision taken by 'organization will be immediately communicated to the participating authors and will be binding.