Cartoon Club – International Festival of Animation Cinema, Comics and Games, with its 36 years of existence, is one of the best known festivals in the Italian scene.
It is a remarkable window for animation works, short films in particular – fiction, educational, experimental, computer graphic – and with a whole section solely dedicated to comics: Riminicomix.
Furthermore, the festival features:
- educational and social projects;
- workshops in local schools;
- one of the most popular and entertaining Cosplay conventions in Italy.
- publication of books and catalogues.
The festival takes place in Rimini in various locations, from downtown to the beach, in the month of July.
The 24th Signor Rossi Award: open to animated films made by secondary school and university students, and by the students of animation film schools. It consists of cash prize of 1,200 Euro and a statuette representing the well-known character created by the Italian author Bruno Bozzetto;
The 11th Cartoon Club Award, open to short animated films made by professional filmmakers and production companies. The winner will receive the "Cartoon Club plate";
The Cartoon Kids Award: among the submitted films the Festival direction will select, at its own discretion, some short animated films aimed at a children’s audience. An all-children’s jury will select the winner among these films. The winner will receive the “Cartoon Kids plate”.
The Cartoon Junior Award, dedicated to short animated films realized in the context of projects of workshops for children in Italy or abroad. The winner will receive the “Cartoon Junior plate”.
1. ADMISSION CONDITIONS
ONLY SHORT ANIMATION FILMS, produced from 1st January 2018 onward, that haven’t been shown in previous editions of the festival are admitted.
Admission is free of charge.
The short films will be selected by the exclusive choice of the festival.
Together with the specific entry form, applicants must also provide the following:
• the film file in high-quality .mov or .avi format, as attachment via email, or via link, download from server, WeTransfer or other file transfer services, at the address firstname.lastname@example.org; or alternatively on an unprotected redio-free DVD, delivered to our postal address;
• the list of subtitles in English or Italian (for foreign language films only);
• the film synopsis;
• bio-filmography and picture of the director/s;
• 3 film stills (in .jpg format, 300 dpi).
Within 30th June 2020, the list of the selected films will be available on the Festival website, at the following address: http://www.cartoonclubrimini.com/film_in_concorso_2020
2. PRE-SELECTION DEADLINE
10th April 2020. Acceptance of entries after this date will be at the Festival's discretion.
In case of surface mail delivery from abroad, the parcel must be labelled with “No commercial value”. The festival will not cover any custom clearance expenses.
4. RETURN OF FILMS AND FESTIVAL'S VIDEO ARCHIVE
DVD copies sent directly to the festival will not be returned; they will remain in the Festival’s video library.
Based on their unquestionable judgement, two qualified juries, made up of critics and professionals in the field, will award the following prizes:
• Signor Rossi Award: consisting of a cash prize of 1,200 Euro and a "Sig. Rossi plate";
• Cartoon Club Award: "Cartoon Club plate";
• Cartoon Kids Award: “Cartoon Kids plate”.
The winning authors or their representatives will be invited to attend the Festival’s closing night to collect their prizes.
6. BROADCASTING AND REPRODUCTION FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES
a. EVENTS FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES: the work may also be shown at other events or screenings organized by Cartoon Club, solely for non-profit-making cultural purposes.
b. BROADCASTING AND REPRODUCTION FOR CULTURAL PURPOSES: you hereby authorize the reproduction and broacasting for promotional purposes and the storage of 20% of the work, up to a maximum of 3 minutes.
7. INSURANCE OF SUBMITTED WORKS
Any insurance cost regarding the submitted work/s is to be borne by the applicant. Cartoon Club will not be held responsible for any damage or theft of the submitted work/s.
8. AUTHORIZATION FOR PERSONAL DATA USE
Information: according to the Italian law on the processing of personal data (legislative decree 196/2003 and subsequent 101/2018, available for download on our website) your data will not be disclosed to third parties nor used for commercial purposes. By signing the entry form, you authorize the processing of your personal data in order to receive information about Cartoon Club and its activities, i.e.: publication of contact info in the Festival catalogue, sending you new entry forms, selecting films for other festivals or cultural events or cultural associations, etc. Without your signature (and therefore your consent), Cartoon Club will not be able to process your application.
9. ACCEPTANCE OF THE REGULATIONS
Participation in the Festival implies full acceptance of the terms of the present regulations. For cases not covered by the present regulations, the decision taken by the Organization will be immediately communicated to the participating authors and it will be binding.
10. CONTACT DETAILS
- Phone: (+39) 0541 784193
- DIGITAL SUBMISSION: email@example.com
- DVD COPIES - FILMS SHOULD BE SHIPPED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
VIA CIRCONVALLAZIONE OCCIDENTALE, 58 -
47923 RIMINI RN – ITALIA