Specializing in children’s films and young audiences (3-17), the Carrousel International du film de Rimouski is currently accepting submissions.
The 40th edition of the Carrousel International du film de Rimouski will be taking place from March 2nd to 5th, 2023.
School screenings and educational events: March 6 - 24, 2023
The Carrousel international du film de Rimouski's mission is to promote the development of young people through moving images as an art form, educational tool and expression medium. Through its activities and events, it awakens audiences, encourages openness to the world and stimulates creation.
The prizes are awarded by international and canadian juries made up of kids and teenagers, as well as canadian professionnals of the cinema industry.
• Best short film, YOUTH category - Awarded by a local jury made up of young people aged from 8 to 12, supervised by an adult.
• Best short film, TEENAGER category - Awarded by a jury made up of young people aged from 13 to 17, supervised by an adult.
• Best School Short - Awarded by scripting residents of the current edition.
• André-Melançon Grant - Awarded by canadian professionnals of the cinema industry
The André-Mélançon grant reward the best Quebec short film directed by an emerging filmmaker. With this award, the Carrousel wants to support the career of a young Quebec filmmaker and encourage the creation of youth cinema.
We are looking for children’s films (target audience: 3-17 years old). What is youth cinema? Films related to childhood or adolescence, educational movies, cinema featuring children as main characters, colorful pictures encouraging an open minded vision of the world. We are accepting features and short films, fiction, animation and documentary.
We accept shorts and features films, fiction, documentary and animation.
Only works produced after January 1rst, 2022 will be considered for the competitive section.
By submitting your film, you agree that it could be screened during the Festival and/or the schools screenings.
Each film must be submitted to the Festival before September 18th, 2022 with the following documents:
• Registration FORM duly completed;
• Payment of registration FEES;
• Screener LINK of the film through a web platform securised by a password (eg: Vimeo, Dailymotion, Youtube);
• DIALOGUE LIST with Timecodes in French or English
• Stills of the film (2 Mo max / 72dpi, horizontal format), photos of the filmmaker(s)
Incomplete submissions or link rot will not be considered. Selection letters will be sent by February 1, 2023. Please note that letters may be sent in multiple waves. It is not impossible to receive responses at two separate moments, in the event you submitted more than one work.
• 20$ CAD for a short film
• 30$ CAD for a feature film
The screening copies must be transmitted digitally using WeTransfer, Smash, TransferNow or other. No visual material will be returned by mail post.
The festival reserves the right to broadcast previews of the selected works, for a maximum of 2 minutes per film, for promotional purposes only, on social medias, for the Festival trailer or the traditional medias.
By submitting your film to the Carrousel International du film de Rimouski you accept those rules.