The Carrousel international du film de Rimouski is an annual festival which aims to interest people of all ages to international youth films and new emerging media formats, to contribute to the development and the influence of youth films and digital medias.
PRIZES AND JURIES
The prizes won at the festival are called Carrousel.
They are given by juries, ages 10 to 24 years old, from Québec, Canada and abroad.
A Local Youth Jury, ages 10 to 12 years old, awards a Carrousel for:
• Best Feature Film, CHILD category
• Best Short Film, CHILD category
An International Youth Jury, ages 13 to 17 years old, awards a Carrousel for:
• Best Feature Film, TEENAGER category
• Best Short Film, TEENAGER category
A Youth Jury, ages 18 to 24 years old, awards a Carrousel for:
• Best Feature Film, YOUNG ADULT category
• Best Short Film, YOUNG ADULT category
An Audience Award is granted for:
• Best Feature Film
<b>The Carrousel-André-Mélançon Grant</b>
A young French-Canadian director, whose short film is selected in one of the Festival's section, will be awarded with a 2500$ grant. The decision will be made by a Jury, comprised of a teenager, an education professional and an industry professional.
• Only works produced after January 1st, 2017 are eligible for the competition.
• All selected entries must be in their original language and subtitled in French or in English.
Each film must be submitted to the festival before December 31 2019 and must be accompanied by the following materials:
• The completed online entry form;
• Payment of the entry fee;
• A DVD copy of the work or a secure web link; (ex: Vimeo, Dailymotion, Youtube);
• The DIALOGUE LIST in French or in English in an electronic file;
• One STILL (up to 3) (2Mo/ 72dpi).
Additional materials must be send to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The film's title shall be the subject of the email.
Please Note - Submission packages will not be returned.
ENTRY FEES AND DEADLINES
Regular deadline : October 21th to December 31th 2019
• 20$ CAD for a Short Film
• 30$ CAD for a Feature Film
Once a film is submitted and selected, the rights holder has to uphold his or her engagement to screen the film at the festival. No copryrights or fees will be paid for the screening of the films.
Films selected for the festival must meet the following requirements:
• Screening copy must be in the following format: DCP or Digital file.
• Screenings can be held during the festival and also the week before the festival, for educationnal screenings in schools around Rimouski. Screenings are limited to 5.
SHIPPING AND INSURANCE
Participants must pay the shipping, customs and insurance costs. The CIFR will cover the cost for the return of the selected work. The CIFR covers insurance costs only between the time of reception of the material and the time of its return to the participant. In the event of loss or damage during this specific period, the CIFR is responsible for the replacement cost of the material only. On the pro-forma invoice, indicate only the replacement value of the tape or film stock to avoid problems clearing customs.
On the package, make sure to indicate:
FILM-VIDEO FOR FESTIVAL PURPOSES NON PORNOGRAPHIC CONTENT ONLY - NO COMMERCIAL VALUE
Please Note: The CIFR organizers have final authority on all matters not specifically covered by these regulations.
The festival reserves the right to use a maximum of 3 minutes of the selected work for promotional purposes.
Participation at the Carrousel International du film de Rimouski is conditional to the understanding of the above mentioned rules and regulations.
**Should any dispute arise regarding the interpretation of an article in these regulations, their original French version is binding.**