Launched in 1995 to take place during prime year-end winter dates – December 26th through January 2nd – the Festival has become an important showcase for positioning films, filmmakers, and talent in contention for potential year-end awards and simultaneously promoting tourism in the south of Italy during the holiday season. It is also a major building block of the "magical bridge" between the Italian and American motion picture industries as is evidenced by the prestigious attendance of such majors as Warner Bros, Fox, Universal, Paramount, Sony, Disney, and Lionsgate along with prominent independent producers and professionals who are competing for the sought-after Oscars, Golden Globe and BAFTA statuettes.
During and after the event, the Academy Scientific Board will bestow the following awards:
1) The 2020 Capri Special Contest will take place over the six-day period from Saturday December 26th to Thursday December 31st.
2) It is possible to submit the following works:
· Feature (over :60 minutes)
· Medium (between :20 and :59 minutes)
· Short (less than :20 minutes)
3) The work movie has to be "Original" and hasn't competed in any other Global or Local Festival. In addition to the Original movies accepted by the Selection Board, a few Non-Original will be directly chosen as a Special Guest-Competitors of the Festival. In any case, the Organizing Committee will not pay any fees to the rights owners of any movie selected for the competition.
4) All movies selected will be authorized to use, for promotional purposes, the official "Capri, Hollywood Laurel".
5) At the conclusion of the Festival, the director of the winning film in each Category (Feature, Medium and Short) will be honored by Capri Contest Board with a special invitation to the Campania Region of Italy (during the Summer of 2021) where he/she will be able to spend a week shooting/editing a documentary (:50) about our beautiful land. We will be providing an Italian technical team and will cover expenses such as travel, accommodations, and food & beverages.
6) In order to be admitted to Capri Contest, all movie rights-owners must agree to and accept the following conditions:
- The movie will be available to the global public via streaming on Capri, Hollywood Festival 2020 media-partner website MY MOVIES (one of the most qualified and popular European movie sites - https://www.mymovies.it/).
- The movie will be screened during the run of the Capri, Hollywood Festival 2020 (from December 26th, 2020 to January 2nd, 2021).
- The screening of the movies will be totally free of charge to all the viewers.
- Streamings will be available worldwide and protected with Hollywood Grade DRM. The files (movies and .srt) will be deleted from the servers after the end of the Capri, Hollywood Festival.
- All the movies in International languages or the Italian language must include English subtitles.
- Every production company should provide us with:
a. Pressbook with the technical and artistic details (running time, synopsis, cast/credits etc.),
b. 2 stills from the movie (1280x720 and 1280x1080),
c. A trailer of the movie.
7) The works are exclusively and unquestionably selected by the Scientific Board of the Festival including legendary actor Franco Nero; Oscar winning, costume and set designer Gianni Quaranta; Oscar winning make-up artist Giorgio Gregorini; the iconic Italian screenwriter and director Enrico Vanzina; Rai Com President Teresa De Santis; Oscar winning screenwriter and director Paul Haggis; Italian-American actor Robert Davi; British legend Terry Gilliam; Oscar winning director Bille August; with additional members to be announced.. The works will be chosen based on artistic quality and social depth.
8) The works presented in Capri will be selected and assessed according to the unquestionable judgement of the Academy Scientific Board.
9) The Scientific Board has the competence and right to assess the works and award them.
10) Applications filed to the aim of taking part in the Special Contest imply full acceptance of the present regulations.