Located in one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world for both Fashion and film, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, the Canadian International Fashion Film Festival (CANIFFF) curates a unique experience for fashion and film lovers. Bringing the freshest, most creative international content to our festival, events, programming and our online platforms. CANIFFF is increasing access to fashion in new ways and providing a platform for brands and businesses who want to engage directly with those working in fashion and film disciplines.
18 awards categories ranging from Best Student Fashion Film to the coveted CANIFFF Best Fashion Film.
Festival Rules and Terms
Please keep the following in mind for your film(s):
• Film(s) must have a fashion theme, major element(s), or sponsorship.
• Films under 20 minutes are eligible for short film submission.
• Filmmakers must own, or have legally procured, the rights to any and all material submitted.
• Filmmakers must have access to, and be able to provide to the festival upon request, all releases for talent, music, or any other copy-written materials used in their film.
• Filmmakers must provide the festival with a short bio of the filmmaker or film-making team.
• Filmmakers should provide the festival with a brief back-story for their film: why, when, how, who, where.
If accepted, filmmakers agree to the following conditions:
• Submission imagery, including film and clips, will be available for use in the festival’s promotional activities.
• The submission will be available for further distribution through our networks and events, and may be used through our membership portals and or sponsors.
• Submissions will be considered for the Canadian International Fashion Film Festival, associated, supported, and/or branded film festivals and events around the world, unless agreed upon in writing prior to the festival screening.
• Films that have been released theatrically, broadcast on television, or screened at any number of film festivals are eligible for submission to the festival and all festival program categories.
• The festival may publicly display your submission or content from your submission on their websites, social platforms, in marketing materials and on third party platforms.
• The work must be an original work by you or you must be one of the principal creators and therefore have permission to distribute and promote the film publicly and to grant all licensing.
• By submitting the film you are stating that you own the intellectual property and rights attached to your submission and that you retain ownership of said intellectual property. By submitting the film you grant and licence CANIFFF and its partners and associations, a worldwide licence to use, edit, distribute, publicly display, transmit, reproduce, an all media formats now and in the future. The licence will commence the date and time your work is submitted and will continue forever.