Located in one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world for both Fashion and film, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, the Canadian International Fashion Film Festival (CANIFFF) curates a unique experience for fashion and film lovers. Bringing the freshest, most creative international content to our festival, events, programming and our online platforms. CANIFFF is increasing access to fashion in new ways and providing a platform for brands and businesses who want to engage directly with those working in fashion and film disciplines.
2021 Awards categories range from Best Student Fashion Film to the coveted CANIFFF Best Fashion Film (categories subject to change):
BEST: FASHION FILM, DIRECTOR, CINEMATOGRAPHY, EDITING, CONCEPT, COSTUME DESIGN, PERFORMER, MUSIC, MAKE-UP, HAIR, SOCIAL MESSAGE, ECO MESSAGE, MUSIC VIDEO, CHOREOGRAPHY, COMMERCIAL, COMMONWEALTH, CANADIAN, STUDENT.
New Awards may include these categories:
BEST: FILM SHOT ON SMART DEVICE, CGI, ANIMATION, 3D, SET DESIGN, NARRATION
FESTIVAL RULES & TERMS:
• Submissions must have a STRONG fashion theme, with apparel having a clear presence or making a strong statement.
• Submissions can NOT contain any pornography. Also, although nudity can be part of an artistic message, CANIFFF is sensitive to cultural norms: NO nudity is preferred, BUT occasional, semi-covered nudity is evaluated, and accepted case by case.
• Submissions must have been completed between January 1, 2020 and May 31, 2021. Submissions completed earlier than January 1st, 2020 will be considered case by case.
• Films that have been released theatrically, broadcast on television, or screened at any number of film festivals are also eligible for submission to the festival and associated events.
• Submissions under 10 minutes are eligible for SHORT film submission. Films over 10 minutes will also be accepted and reviewed to be considered for stand alone screenings.
• Submissions download links must NOT contain any LAURELS.
• Submitters must own, or have legally procured, the RIGHTS to any and all material submitted.
• Submitters must have access to, and be able to provide to the festival upon request, all releases for talent, music, or any other copy-written materials used in their film.
• Submitters must inform CANIFFF if a minor is part of the film cast and be able to provide a release upon request.
SUBMMITTERS MUST PROVIDE:
• Submitters must provide the film's downloadable link (no laurels allowed), a film poster (TITLE + IMAGE, etc), and a minimum of 2 still images, plus a separate thumbnail image (landscape, 2MB limit, 16;9 ratio, 1280x720 (with minimum width of 640 pixels), for use on promoting your film on our Youtube channel)
• Submitters must provide the festival with the filmmaker’s bio & photo, instagram handle, along with a list of the team (and instagram handles where appropriate) and other credits. Filmmakers can also provide a Director's Statement: a brief back-story for their film: why, when, how, who, where.
SUBMITTERS AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
• Submissions imagery, including film and clips, will be available for use in the festival’s promotional activities. Director’s bio/photo, and other film written information will also be available for promotional purposes.
• Submissions will be available for further distribution through our networks and events, and may be used through our membership portals and or sponsors.
• The festival may publicly display your submission or content from your submission on its website, social platforms, in marketing materials, and on third party platforms.
• The work must be an original work by you or you must be one of the principal creators and therefore have permission to distribute and promote the film publicly and to grant all licensing.
• By submitting any film, you are stating that you own the intellectual property and rights attached to your submission and that you retain ownership of said intellectual property. By submitting any film, you grant and licence CANIFFF and its partners and associations, a worldwide licence to use, edit, distribute, publicly display, transmit, reproduce, in all media formats now and in the future. The licence will commence the date and time your work is submitted and will continue in perpetuity.