1st Youth Film Competition submission dates are from June 1-30, 2023 during 8th CCIFF.
From July 14 to August 31, 2023, the 8th edition of The Canada China International Film Festival (CCIFF) will be held in Montreal, Quebec and Beijing, China. The festival is hosted by Canada Chine Art-Tech (CCAT), organized by Chinese Culture Translation And Studies Support (CCTSS). The festival will promote exchange between Chinese and Canadian film culture, foster cooperation and encourage communication between artists and filmmakers from both countries. Additionally, CCIFF will showcase the latest innovations in entertainment technology.
Based on support from Canadian and Chinese governments, CCIFF aims to attract an international audience. To achieve this, the focus of the festival will be on current and upcoming filmmaking practices. The main events that make up the festival will also be tailored for international appeal.
The CCIFF will successfully bring International Filmmakers together, inspire opportunities between the Chinese and Canadian film markets and strive for an increased influence on the international stage.
Canada China Academy Film Award includes:
Best Feature Film
Best Documentary Film
Best Short Film
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Special Effects
Best TV Documentary
Best TV Series
Rules & Terms for Film Screening and Competition Only
A) Eligibility Requirements
1. Films completed between 1st January 2022 and 30th April 2023.
2. Feature-length films (narrative or documentary) that are available for public online viewing in their entirety are NOT eligible. Short films (under 30 min) may be available online.
3. Films shown at private screenings not open to the public (for crew, investors, etc.) are eligible.
4. All entries must be subtitled in English or French.
5. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
B) Submission Guidelines:
1. All films must be submitted online first for the first audition, once your film is selected for screening, we will inform you to submit DCP and Blu-ray copy for further competition.
2. Only complete entries (including fee payment and screener) will be considered.
3. Only DCP format is eligible for Festival screening
1st Call Deadline is December 31, 2022. 2nd Call Deadline is March 31, 2023. 3rd Call Deadline is April 30, 2023.
B) Judging & Selection:
Films are selected for Festival presentation by the Canada China International Film Festival judiciary committee. If a film is selected, the Festival office will contact the entrant by phone or email.
All entrants will be notified on or before May 5, 2023.
Films selected for the International Feature, documentary, short film competitions. Competitions are judged during the Festival.