Produced by The California Capital Arts Foundation a 501(c)(3) non-profit arts organization dedicated to promoting the best in independent no- fiction film and filmmakers from around the world ,supported in part by the Measure H Community Enhancement & Investment Fund from the City of Rancho Cordova.
The California Capital Film Festival at Rancho Cordova is hosted by the California Capital Arts Foundation, this event features animated works.
CCDFF supports filmmakers with cash award prizes and programs providing the opportunity to interact with industry professionals, community members and our astute film audience in an intimate, engaging and inspiring settings on the festival circuit.
California Capital Documentary Film Festival- Youth Jury Program -Best Animated Film ($250)
RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR 2023 SUBMISSIONS
The following is an explanation of the Rules and Guidelines governing film submissions to the 2023 California Capital Film Festival (Cal Cap Fest). Compliance with these Rules and Guidelines is necessary in order to participate in the Film Festival. Submission of a film implies unconditional acceptance of the Rules & Guidelines, therefore, please carefully read through the Rules prior to submitting your film.
1. The Cal Cap Fest accepts submissions for animated films (shorts & features) made between the years 2021-2023
-Shorts Films 40 minutes and under.
2. The Entrant/s submitting the film must hold all legal rights for the submission, as well as all necessary clearances for public exhibition.
3. The Filmmaker/s retain/s all submission and intellectual property rights.
4. Films may be submitted electronically via FilmFreeway.
5. The Filmmaker/s is/are responsible for making sure all submission materials are submitted by the submission deadline indicated. If your film does not arrive or is not uploaded by the deadline for which you have registered, you may be required to pay the higher submission fee or withdrawn.
6. The following concerns submission deadlines and submission fees. Note, the deadlines are not the postmark dates, but the dates by which the submission must be in the Cal Cap Fest office or registered with FilmFreeway. Each submission must be accompanied by the appropriate fee. Submission fees are in are U.S. Dollars per submission and is non-refundable. These fees may be paid by check, cashier’s check, money order, or by Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express) made payable to: Santa Fe Independent Film Festival. Cash is not accepted.
7. If a film received 50% or more of its funding from sources outside of the United States, the film can only be submitted as an International Film. If a film received 50% or more of its funding from sources within the United States, the film can only be submitted as a Domestic Film.
8. Subtitles must be in English.
9. Please test your media prior to submission to make sure they run properly and are not damaged. Please keep screener links and passwords up-to-date and notify the Cal Cap Fest office promptly with any changes.
10. Filmmakers are allowed to submit more than one film for the Festival provided that each film is submitted separately and meet CalCap DocFest guidelines.
11. Filmmakers are allowed to re-submit a film that was previously submitted provided significant changes were made and all eligibility requirements are met. When re-submitting the film, include a brief letter detailing the changes made.
12. A student submitting a film must provide a photocopy of a current and valid student ID or a letter from his/her school verifying enrollment.
13. All personal contact information is to remain confidential and not to be shared with any third parties.
14. CalCap Fest reserves the right to use images from films selected in the Festival for marketing purposes.
15. All decisions regarding award winners are considered final and incontestable.
16. All films submitted must have been completed between 2020 and 2023.
17. Applicants acknowledge that Cal Cap Fest reserves the right to change the nature of screenings and events due to circumstances related to public health and welfare or at the direction of local, state, or federal authorities. In such cases, no submission refunds shall be issued.