CLIT is a film festival that will debut in Portugal next October, turning audience members into treasure hunters in search of the venues where films will be screened. They get clues about the screening location through the festival's app.
The venue can be anywhere, except at a regular movie theatre, because CLIT is an acronym for Cinema em Locais Inusitados e Temporários (Cinema in Unusual and Temporary Venues).
We welcome submissions from all genres and lengths, privileging works on socially relevant issues (human rights, democracy, any of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, etc.) that make audiences think on how they can contribute in a positive way to a better world. As our director says: "If you want to change the world, do it with pleasure".
CLIT will have a meeting point for artists and audience members called "Ponto G" (G Spot), where groups of people can gather to talk and enjoy the local gastronomy of Setúbal, our host city (check https://visitsetubal.com/en).
ABOUT THE ORGANIZER:
Festroia is a non-profit organization based in Setúbal, Portugal. It was created in 1987 to promote film activities, allowing its founders to continue the work developed in 1985 and 1986, when they organized the first two editions of Festroia - International Film Festival. Until 1994, the Association held this festival in Tróia, migrating it in 1995 to Setúbal, where it stayed until its 30th and last edition, in 2014.
Over the years, it welcomed artists like Pedro Almodóvar, Christopher Lee, Jane Russell, Robert Mitchum, Kirk Douglas, Lauren Bacall, Krzysztof Kieslowski, Christopher Walken, Agnieszka Holland, Dome Karukoski, Dennis Hopper, Christiane Torloni, Michael York, Mickey Rooney, Maria de Medeiros, Alberto Sordi, Joaquim de Almeida, Assumpta Serna, Ingvar Sigurðsson or Ben Gazzara.
Festroia aimed to promote cinema not known in Portugal, in a choice dictated by the cultural diversity and the aesthetic quality of the movies, presenting four competitive sections and several exhibitions. In 2007, it was the first international film festival worldwide to compensate its carbon footprint.
Note: The image uploaded to FilmFreeway is not the festival's logo. That will only be revealed at the event's presentation.
CLIT’s juries will reward the best shorts, features, documentaries, animations, student films, actors, actresses, writers, cinematographers, and directors.
And the audience will also make their choice, selecting who will take home the “Glad I came!” Award, a name that reflects their joy for attending a particular film screening.
• Films of all genres and lengths can be submitted electronically via FilmFreeway https://filmfreeway.com/festival/CLIT
- OPENING DATE: July 5, 2021.
- DEADLINE: August 6, 2021
- NOTIFICATION DATE: September 6, 2021
• All films must be subtitled in English or Portuguese for festival consideration.
• Through FilmFreeway entrants must provide:
1) Pre-selection copy of film in high resolution
3) Director’s photo and bio
4) Film stills
5) Trailer (if it exists)
PROGRAMMING COMMITTEE AND JURY:
• Films are selected for Festival presentation by the programming committee.
• The jury will be made up of recognized individuals in the cinema and cultural world. The festival management will appoint the members of the official jury who will assign the awards for each competitive section.
• The programming committee decides the number of films selected for screening.
• The decisions of the programming committee and jury will be final.
• If a film is selected, the festival office will contact officially the entrant by email.
• If your film is selected for screening, the festival will require:
1) The official copy of the film in high resolution (Apple ProRes; H264; .mov)
2) Spotting list (or dialogue list) in English and/or Portuguese
3) Digital Press-kit
4) Any promotional material
• CLIT will provide the best quality projection possible but will not be held liable for any failure in the technical quality of the projection.
• If accepted, entrants grant without reservations, to the festival, the right to use footage, stills and/or titles, and information from the film for promotional purposes.
• No film may be withdrawn from the festival program after its selection.