Postponement Announcement: http://www.cicsep.com/en/view/590.html (updated: Nov. 27, 2022)
China International Conference of Science and Education Producers (CICSEP) was founded in 2000 and is hosted by China Science Film and Video Association (CSFVA). It will be the 13th CICSEP this year. Established with an aim to enhance the production and development of the science and science-education programs, CICSEP is an integrative event including international awards event in categories (“China Dragon Awards”), non-commercial screenings, professional forums, master class and market activities.
“China Dragon Awards” (referred to as the “Awards” thereafter) is an integral part of CICSEP, and rewards outstanding films and television programs for public education of science and technology from around the world.
The 13th China International Conference of Science and Education Producers is presently scheduled to be held in November 17th and 18th, 2022 in the city of Shenzhen, China. The “China Dragon Awards” ceremony is scheduled to be held concurrently. CICSEP cordially invites you to participate in this prestigious competition.
We are looking forward to having the consistent aid and support from dear old friends. We also welcome more new friends to participate and attend this year’s event, sincerely we invite you to participate. Let’s do it together to promote the producing and marketing of the science and science-education programs.
The “China Dragon Awards” is an integral part of CICSEP and rewards outstanding programs aiming at public education in the fields of science and technology from around the world.
2022 “China Dragon Awards” have six categories for programming awards: Science Documentaries (30 mins and above); Science Documentaries (within 30 mins); Science Animation; Science Shows (single episode); Short Science Videos (within 4 mins); Sci-Fi Films. Winners, Runner-ups and Nominees, as well as an indeterminate number of Shortlisted entries, will be selected by the Jury. The total number of shortlisted entries will not exceed 10% of the entries. Grand Jury Award may also be granted to particularly excellent entries, subject to the Jury’s recommendation and the approval of the organizing committee.
Two individual awards are set up for this event: Best idea and Best Photography. One winner and one runner-up will be selected for each individual award.
I. Categories and Awards
1. 2022 “China Dragon Awards” have six categories for programming awards: Science Documentaries (30 mins and above); Science Documentaries (within 30 mins); Science Animation; Science Shows (single episode); Short Science Videos (within 4 mins); Sci-Fi Films. Winners, Runner-ups and Nominees, as well as an indeterminate number of Shortlisted entries, will be selected by the Jury. The total number of shortlisted entries will not exceed 10% of the entries. Grand Jury Award may also be granted to particularly excellent entries, subject to the Jury’s recommendation and the approval of the organizing committee.
2. Two individual awards are set up for this event: Best idea and Best Photography. One winner and one runner-up will be selected for each individual award.
II. Submission Requirements and Guidelines
1. Only entries were first broadcast or publicly released after July 31, 2020 via theatres and cinemas, television, internet, outdoor screens and other public media, are eligible. Films, documentaries, animation, television programs and other forms of videos that involve a variety of science and technology-related topics can be entered. Programs that have been submitted into previous events of the Awards are not eligible.
2. Entries shall promote scientific spirits and contain scientific knowledge. The programmings with leading and creative subjects, with cutting-edge science and technology as well as hot social issues are encouraged.
3. Entries shall not violate the laws and regulations of China and the public ethics in China.
4. Entries must be original. Creative editing of public video materials is permitted to use, but the duration of which shall not exceed 25% of the entire program. By submitting the program, the submitting organization confirms to be the rights owner or has obtained the permission for all copyrighted materials used in the entries to participate in the competition. The submitting organization shall be liable for any disputes concerning the copyright of the entries.
5. The host of the Awards are entitled to use and communicate the submitted programs non-commercially with submitters’ consent.
6. Worldwide organizations, companies, and studios engaged in producing and broadcasting of films, television programs and other forms of videos are eligible to submit the entries to the Awards.
7. THE DEADLINE FOR ALL ENTRIES IS AUGUST 31, 2022.
8. In each category, each submitting organization can enter at most three entries. One program can only be submitted under one category. For serial programs, if the content of every episode is independent, each episode can be entered as one entry; or any selected episode can be entered as one entry.
9. Tick the corresponding boxes to apply for the individual awards. No more than two persons can be entered for each individual award. For programs applying for Best Photography, the duration for the archive footage used shall not exceed 10% of the entire program, and the footage used from others must be specified in the registration form.
10. The entries shall be entered via www.filmfreeway.com. The official account on FilmFreeway is “China International Conference of Science and Education
Producers” at https://filmfreeway.com/CICSEP-China.
11. No entry fee, judging fee, publicity fee shall apply.
III. Submission of materials
1. Registration Form. One completed and signed copy, and one electronic version of the Form in Word format. Registration Form can be found attached or downloaded from www.cicsep.com or China Science Film and Video Association’s website at www.csfva.org.cn. Click here to download registration form: http://www.cicsep.com/en/view/589.html.
2. The name of “submitting organization” will appear on the award certificates, as well as other materials if applicable, delegates/representatives please be noted of this when filling out the registration form.
3. Please upload the videos onto FilmFreeway. If one is having difficulties with uploading the videos onto FilmFreeway, please submit it by download links or cloud storage service (i.e. WeTransfer.com) with the links and passwords. Due to internet accessibility issues, please try to avoid using Vimeo/Youtube/Google links. Multiple programs can be submitted by one link. Video files shall be in MOV/MP4 format, 1080P, file size smaller than 10G. No built-in commercials are allowed in the videos.
4. English SRT/ASS subtitles or doc/txt subtitle texts for non-mandarin entries.
5. 1-5 minute trailer/clip for each entry, in MOV/MP4 format, 1080P.
6. 1-3 posters and film stills, including at least one portrait poster, jpg/png; 300dpi and above, file size smaller than 10M.
7. For the programs contain non-mandarin dialogues (including English) , full English or simplified Chinese subtitles are required. Entries are encouraged to be subtitled with both English and Chinese.
8. Submitting organization or individual’s introduction and key crew bios are required when applying individual awards.
9. Submitting organization shall guarantee the authenticity and validity of the submitted materials.
10. Submitting methods:
Please email the completed and scanned Registration Form and other electronic materials (that are not available on Filmfreeway) to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject titled with “China Dragon + submitting organization name (abbreviated) + Ref. number”.
Ref. number will be allocated when applying on Filmfreeway.com
Submitters can send the Registration Form and other materials AFTER receiving Notifiction of Selections that we sent via Filmfreeway.
IV. Selection Procedures
1. The selection contains three stages: qualification review, preliminary judging and final judging.
2. Jury of preliminary judging will consist of judges from the host’s expert database and the public. No less than 6% of all entries in each category for preliminary judging will be selected to be included in Shortlist.
3. Jury of final judging will consist of experts from China and abroad in the related fields. Final judging sessions are to select awards winners from the Shortlist. The Jury’s decisions are final.
V. Use of Entries’ Information and Elements
1. For promotional purposes, CICSEP shall be entitled to use registration information, posters and film stills and trailers in printed materials, promotional videos, television, internet, public sites, and other channels.
2. In the event that trailers are not provided by the submitting organizations, CICSEP shall be entitled to use up to five minutes of content from each entry for promotional purposes.
3. All submitted materials will be kept by the organizing committee for filing, and will not be returned.
VI. Non-Commercial Screenings
1. With the submitting organizations’ consent specified in the registration form, award-winning entries may be included in non-commercial screenings in China. The screenings shall be hosted, co-organized or supported by the host of the Awards, China Science Film and Video Association. Entries are subject to further selection by the Organizing Committee to be screened.
2. All non-commercial screenings are public service activities. The access for audience is free.
3. The authorization period is from when the entries are selected into the Shortlist to the next CICSEP. The organizing committee will not inform the submitting organizations again for screenings during this period.
4. CICSEP do not pay any fees to or charge any fees from the submitters for screenings.
VII. Entry Promotions
1. The final winners list will be published on the closing ceremony of CICSEP, and will be shown on the host’s website and partnership media platforms.
2. Winners will have the opportunity to be invited to CICSEP events.
3. CICSEP will carry out promotions for award winning programs.
VIII. Other Issues
1. CICSEP does not bear shipping, postage and insurance costs for films and materials for the competition, and shall not be held liable for any loss and damage of the films and works during their delivery, and any loss, mistake or damage of registration information due to other force majeure factors.
2. By submitting the entries, the submitting organizations are deemed as accepting the above-mentioned articles and rules.
3. Should there be any changes in the event, notices will be published on www.cicsep.com, www.csfva.org.cn, and CSFVA’s WeChat public account.
4. E-mail is important and the prioritised way of contact. Please fill in your frequently used E-mail.
5. Should there be any situations that are not specified above, the Organizing Committee reserve all rights for the final explanation of regulations.
IX. Contact Details
Phone: 0086-(0)10-6213 3008
Fax: 0086-(0)10-6211 3038
Address: Room 414, West Wing, No. 86 Xue Yuan Nan Lu, Haidian District, Beijing 100081, P.R. China
Website: www.cicsep.com; www.csfva.org.cn
click here to download registration form: http://www.cicsep.com/en/view/589.html