The Cinematic Arts Redemptive Entertainment (CARE) Awards provide an opportunity for artists globally to be recognized for their outstanding achievements in film, screenwriting, and Music.
The entry deadline for our 2020 season is September 15th, with winners publicly announced at and after our live event November 6-8th. Winners will receive a full color certificate, as well as multiple postings placed on Social Media announcing their award. (Winners have the option of ordering a trophy for themselves for a fee.) Script Contest winners receive a CASH PRIZE !
Films will be screened at a special festival and conference to be held in November at the Historic Blennerhassett Hotel in Parkersburg, West Virginia. We partner with several local and national sponsors to make the CARE Awards amazing with multiple speakers, workshops, and special activities.
"GENERAL PRIZE CATEGORIES" Include both Shorts & Features:
"SPECIAL ADDITIONAL AWARDS" CATEGORIES:
Rising Star (21 & under)
Women in Film
Diversity in Media
First Time Director
Proof of Concept Film
Veterans Film- made by veterans
Child Actor or Actress
Additional awards will be issued for Best:
Grand Jury Award
Best of Show
We also have a BEST FEATURE SCRIPT CATEGORY !
Must be an unproduced feature screenplay over 30 pages. $150 prize
The names of All Official Selections will be presented by CARE through our web and social media presence to potentially millions of viewers. Selected Winners will have the option of having their films or trailers screened on our online platform for one week. A live screening event will also be held.
CONTESTANTS MUST ENTER ONE OF THE "GENERAL PRIZE CATEGORIES" IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR ANY OF THE "SPECIAL ADDITIONAL AWARDS" CATEGORIES. If a film enters a Special Additional Award category and does not enter in a General category, it will be disqualified from consideration without refund. The only exception, of course, is submissions to the Script competition.
CARE staff and jurors will choose the award winners from Official Selections.
1. Films must have been completed on or after Jan 1, 2017.
2. We accept films from all regions. Non-English films must have English subtitles.
3. Works-in-progress will not be considered.
4. We accept films shot in any format, however, submissions must be provided via online screener of HD quality 720p or higher.
5. Only online submissions are accepted.
6. Entry Fees are nonrefundable. Entries that are considered by the judges or CARE Officials to be pornographic or contain gratuitous nudity will be disqualified without refund.
7. Entries will not be considered without a paid Entry Fee. We do not grant waivers.
8. If your film is selected we will ask you to email us still images and press kit, if available.
9. All films chosen as Award Winners will have the option to grant CARE the non-exclusive right to screen the film or a trailer online for one week without any form compensation beyond the publicity and recognition that that Selection provides.
10. All films chosen as Official Selections will grant CARE the rights to use clips/trailer for promotional purposes.
11. CARE reserves the right not to award any or all of these awards if we do not receive sufficient submissions or submissions with sufficient storytelling or production merit. CARE also reserves the right to change categories of entries if it is felt that the submission was placed in the wrong category or the submission is worthy of additional recognition.
12. International winners will receive an electronic copy of their certificate unless the winner chooses to cover the cost of international mailing fees.
13. Selected winners will be screened at a live event, with preference given to films which will have representation present at the event.
Terms & Conditions:
-I understand and accept the Submission Requirements as mentioned above, and warrant that I am authorized to commit the film for screening.
-I have signed releases from any people appearing in my film, and have the authority to use any copyrighted materials that appear in my film, including but not limited to music, images or footage. I will indemnify and hold harmless the Appalachian Cinematic Arts Council, the CARE Awards, and its associated festivals, creators, production companies, funders and assigns, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, defamation or publicity related to the presentation, distribution or promotion of my film.
-I understand that the Appalachian Cinematic Arts Council, its creators, production companies and associates, are constantly creating and producing films, and may have films in existence or in development for future production that may include ideas, images, themes, stories, treatments, interviewees or characters that appear in my film, or otherwise bear a strong resemblance to my film in some other way. I hereby agree that I am not entitled to any compensation in any form based on any similarities of such film content to my film, whether real or perceived.
-I am at least 18 years of age, have read and understood the foregoing Terms and Conditions, and am competent to execute this agreement.