Broad St. Film Fest is The City of Sugar Hill's inaugural film festival. The Broad St. Film Fest will be a gathering of storytellers and audiences seeking new stories, experiences and perspectives. Our program will include different genres of short films such as comedies and documentaries as well as a college and high school submissions. We will also host conversations with filmmakers, panel discussions, Q&As, and keynote speakers!
Our goal is to raise enough money to have a scholarship available to students participating in the Broad St. Film Fest.
I hereby submit a film to the Broad St. Film Fest. Having done so, I hereby agree to abide by all rules and regulations previously set forth in this application. I further understand that failure to abide by said rules will result in my being removed from the event and I will not be invited nor included in future events sponsored by Sugar Hill.
1) Treat all individuals with a sense of dignity and respect. Continually commitment yourself to be nonjudgmental about different cultures, living conditions and the lifestyle of each person with whom you interact. Be courteous and polite to everyone through everything you do.
2) Avoid profane/abusive language and disruptive behavior that is dangerous to self and others.
3) Refrain from using photo, video or audio recording equipment unless permission has been properly obtained. Abstain from frequent screen usage and excessive usage of cell phones and other devices during any screening/workshop.
4) Respect all communication and information deemed confidential. The Broad St. Film Festival and City of Sugar Hill maintain confidential information received and asks that you to maintain the same standard.
5) Abstain from pressuring anyone to adopt your cultural, political, or religious alignments.
PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY + PROFESSIONALISM
6) At the Broad St. Film Festival, our sole focus is on the films and filmmakers. The festival is a fantastic opportunity to network and make connections with other members of the industry but we do ask that you respect individual boundaries. We strongly encourage the distribution of business cards and discussion of personal projects with fellow attendees; however, we do ask that attendees refrain from unwelcome solicitation. In the event of any complaints regarding solicitation or harassment the parties named will be dismissed from the festival.
7) Avoid conflict of interest situations and refrain from actions that may be perceived as such. Any potential or actual conflicts of interest observed should be reported to the Broad St. Film Festival as they arise.
8) If at any point you receive any email/call/text that you feel is inappropriate, for any reason, and you believe you have received it in conjunction with your involvement with the Broad St. Film Festival please contact us directly to address your concern.
9) Firearms and weapons are not permitted on the festival campus. This includes all showings, parties, and workshops. Abstain from any and all illegal activity .Be aware of your surroundings and report suspicious activities to any Broad St. Film Festival staff.
DISMISSAL FROM 2020 BROAD ST. FILM FESTIVAL
10) Whether you are staff, a volunteer, sponsor, filmmaker, invited guest or patron, all people participating and in attendance at this festival must adhere to this code of conduct. Those who do not adhere to the rules and procedures of the Broad St. Film Festival or who fail to follow the terms of this code of conduct will face possible dismissal from the festival. All incidents involving breach of code of conduct will be reviewed by the Broad St. Film Festival’s supervisory staff. Possible grounds for dismissal may include, but are not limited to, the following: misconduct, theft of property or misuse of agency materials, abuse or mistreatment of clients, guests, staff or other volunteers, failure to abide by agency policies and procedures, any form of harassment or assault.