The Bloody Peach Film Festival will provide a forum where film makers can display their work.
We will focus on short horror and sci-fi films, for filmmakers of all backgrounds, with a focus on providing a platform for BIPOC ( Black, Indigenous, and people of color, and LGBTQ communities. We recognize that hard work in the horror genre often goes unnoticed, which is why we support a diverse spectrum of divergent talent, from filmmakers to VFX experts, SFX MUA'S and Composers. Unlike other film festivals, we don’t pick our prodigies based on politics!
Your submission to the festival will be eligible for various awards and acknowledgements.
The Bloody Peach Film Festival will be held from October 18, 2023 through October 22, 2023 at the Holiday Inn Express Downtown Atlanta Georgia and other surrounding Historic Atlanta venues.
- Best Female Horror Short Horror BIPOC ( Black, Indigenous, and people of color, LBGQT and Non BIPOC)
- Best Female Sci-fi Short BIPOC( Black, Indigenous, and people of color, and Non BIPOC)
- Best Horror Short BIPOC ( Black, Indigenous, and people of color.)
- Best Horror Short LGBQT
- Best Horror Short (Non BIPOC or LGBQT)
- Best Horror Actor BIPOC ( Black, Indigenous, and people of color.)
- Best Horror Actor LGBQT- Best Horror Actor (Non BIPOC or LGBQT)
- Best Horror Actress BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and people of color)
- Best Horror Actress LGBQT
- Best Horror Actress (Non BIPOC or LGBQT)
- Best Sci-fi Short BIPOC ( Black, Indigenous, and people of color.)
- Best Sci-fi Short LGBQT
- Best Sci-fi Short (Non BIPOC or LGBTQ)
- Best Sci-fi Actor BIPOC ( Black, Indigenous, and people of color.)
- Best Sci-fi Actor LGBTQ
- Best Sci-fi Actor (Non BIPOC or LGBTQ)
- Best Sci-fi Actress BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and people of color)
- Best Sci-fi Actress LGBTQ
- Best Sci-fi Actress (Non BIOPC or LGBTQ)
- Best Student Horror Short
- Best Teen Horror/Sci-fi Short
- Best Music Composition
- Best SFX Make-up
- Best of Festival
BIPOC Entries MUST be written, directed, produced and/or acted by a person of Black, Indigenous, or person of cooler. This is mandatory for consideration. Works in progress are not allowed.
LGBQT Entries MUST be written, directed, produced, and or acted by a person LGBQT. This is mandatory for consideration Works in progress are not allowed.
Non BIPOC Entries MUST be written by, directed, produced and or acted by a person of Non BIPOC or LGBQT. Works in progress not allowed.
Teen Entries MUST be written by, directed, produced, and or acted by a teen person of BIPOC, LGBQT, and or Non BIOPIC . Works in progress not allowed.
More than one entry can be submitted; however, each entry must be accompanied by a separate online submission form, entry fee, color JPEG publicity photo, one - two sentence synopsis and URL link and password. Year of completion must be 2020 or later. Foreign language films must have English subtitles.
Online submissions must include the fully completed submission form, entry fee, JPEG publicity photo(s), downloadable trailer link, two sentence synopsis and URL link (Vimeo preferred). The URL link and password for selected films must be available until
June 20, 2023 IMPORTANT NOTE: If selected we will have very important
time-sensitive correspondence. Add us to your email@example.com Be sure to include the phone number of the submitter.
Completion of the entry form certifies that you are the rightful owner of the submitted work and own all rights and releases necessary for public screening, that all legal clearances and releases including, but not limited to talent, intellectual property, music or stock footage are the responsibility of the filmmaker, and that the submitted film is not subject to litigation and is not threatened by litigation. If selected, you agree to provide a final exhibition downloadable link and password upon request.. You give permission for BPFF to utilize clips or stills of your entry for festival promotional purposes (including but not limited to television, web, and presentations).
BPFF encourages at least an Atlanta premiere for the selected films and shorts. Projects may have distribution but not yet had a theatrical release, airplay on television, or broadcast on the Internet .
Official Selection Announcement will be made in late July 2023.
Submission and Judging Categories include:
- Short Film (40 minutes or less)
- Teen Short Film ( 20 minutes or less)
- Student Shorts (up to 25 minutes); must be written, shot, directed and produced by
students who were in college during the time of its production.
- Best Actress *
- Best Actor *
- Best SFX Make-up*
- Best Music Composition *
* Please be sure to list the name and their character's name in your credits.