Your favorite film festival in Baltimore, Maryland is back! Our 5th annual HYBRID festival will be happening from September 4th - September 10th. On September 4th we'll be hosting an in-person event to launch the beginning of our festival and introduce you to more films made by and for Black femmes.
This year's theme is NOURISHMENT: The Recipe to Rebirth.
We want stories that show how Black Femmes nourish their imagination, soul and even their bellies. What does it look like when all you can do is be with yourself? Or when community comes through? Whatever "nourishment" means to you, we would love to see your work.
In addition, this year we are welcoming Indigenous filmmakers to submit their work to the festival for us to get into a greater conversation about the many nuances shared between the Black and Indigenous experience.
Submit your narrative shorts and features, documentary shorts and features, experimental films, music videos, and web series!
*Preference given to directors who are able to come and do a Q+A after the screenings*
1. All films not in the English language must have English subtitles.
2. All filmmakers must have subtitles or be prepared to submit closed caption files for accessibility.
3. Films are suitable for public viewing. We accept test screeners but finals must be ready for the festival.
4. You must own the rights to your film.
5. Filmmaker must identify as a Black female-identifying person or submit work that features characters who are Black female-identifying.