The festival features top films from the world’s filmmakers as well as introduces new, talent from around the world. Our mission is to discover high quality and ambitious films, to promote filmmakers’ works and to help them realize their dreams.
The officially selected project in each month receives BIFA laurel.
All the Finalists, Winners and Honorable Mentions will be listed on our website, will be shared on our social media.
The certificates are given in the following categories:
BEST INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM
BEST INDIAN SHORT FILM
BEST STUDENT SHORT FILM
BEST DOCUMENTARY SHORT FILM
BEST EXPERIMENTAL SHORT FILM
BEST ANIMATED SHORT FILM
BEST HORROR SHORT FILM
BEST THRILLER SHORT FILM
BEST WOMEN'S SHORT FILM
BEST SOUND DESIGN
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
BEST INTERNATIONAL FEATURE FILM
BEST INDIA FEATURE FILM
BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE FILM
BEST SHORT SCRIPT / SCREENPLAY
BEST FEATURE SCRIPT / SCREENPLAY
Besides the BEST OF THE CATEGORY AWARDS, there are also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS, CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS, AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARDS and HONOURABLE MENTION AWARDS, which are given, in all categories.
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film.
By submitting your film into competition in the BIFA you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
All the winning films will receive an award or certificate.
We treat every filmmaker equally.
Do not submit industrial or instructional works.
1. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles otherwise they will be summarily rejected.
2. The BIFA reserves the right to refuse entries.
3. The BIFA will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the BIFA programming director or executive director. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
4. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections. The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that your film has been appreciated by our judges of panel and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
5. A nominee will be privately screened for the BIFA judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
6. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
7. BIFA may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.