****NOTE: Entry deadline now extended to July!****
The Best of the Northwest Awards is a chance for you to showcase exceptional community media programming. This prestigious awards contest honors outstanding programs produced by community media/PEG (public, educational, government) access TV and other non-commercial media in the Northwest region of the Alliance for Community Media (Alaska, Alberta, British Columbia, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming).
This contest is looking for programs that you take pride in! Programs that people watched and appreciated, that made a difference in your community and demonstrated all that community access has to offer.
For over 20 years, Best of the Northwest has supported television programs that are made on a local level. With your entry, you'll be joining a group of the Northwest's most successful community and local access producers. You'll also be supporting the Alliance for Community Media Northwest Region, an organization that works to preserve community access for future generations.
Entries will be judged at community media centers outside of the Northwest Region.
The awards ceremony will take place in September in Tacoma, Washington!
Best of the Northwest grants awards in eighteen categories, as well as our highest award for Overall Excellence in P.E.G. Programming. Award winners are presented with a plaque for their outstanding program and Honorable Mentions are given a frameable certificate.
The awards ceremony will take place in September in Tacoma, Washington.
1. By entering the Best of the Northwest Video Awards, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the following Rules for Entry, including eligibility and submission requirements. You also give permission to the Alliance for Community Media Northwest Region to present one or more clips from your video/audio to an audience on cable access channels, on the internet, and at the Awards Ceremony.
2. Video/audio entries must have had their first broadcast showing on a community media/PEG channel, local origination channel, podcast, or audio broadcast in the Northwest Region of the Alliance for Community Media (U.S. States/Canadian Provinces of Alaska, Alberta, British Columbia, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming) produced between January 1, 2019, and June 30, 2020. Entries do not need to have aired in order to be considered. ENTRIES PRODUCED OUTSIDE OF THE NORTHWEST REGION ARE NOT ELIGIBLE. PEG (Public, Educational, and Government) channels refer to three different cable television narrowcasting and specialty channels on local cable television systems. For more information about PEG, visit the Alliance for Community Media (www.allcommunitymedia.org). For more information on the definition of PEG, see Wikipedia (wikipedia.org/wiki/Public,_educational,_and_government_access)
3. Programs that are currently in any form of commercial distribution are not eligible for entry. All entries must be non-commercial programs originally produced to play on PEG access centers, local-origination cable channels, podcast, or produced with Community Media Center equipment/facilities between January 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020 in the Northwest Region of the Alliance for Community Media. ENTRIES PRODUCED OUTSIDE OF THE NORTHWEST REGION ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
4. Entries may be submitted in as many categories as apply to the content of the program. One award will be presented for each category.
5. All entries in all categories can be from professionals and non-professionals alike.
6. All entries must be submitted no later than July 10, 2020.
7. Entries for the Overall Excellence in Public, Educational, or Government Access Programming Award must be submitted by a public, educational and/or government (PEG) access center that manages a combination of PEG services and channels.
8. Overall Excellence entries must be a compilation reel including excerpts from at least 6 different programs. Titles may be added to identify clips. The total running time of the reel cannot exceed 20 minutes.
9. Entries will be disqualified if:
-Entry was produced outside of the Northwest Region of the Alliance for Community Media.
-Judges are unable to access entry link, or for any other technical reason.
-An entry clearly violates a specific requirement of the category in which it is entered.
-Any portion of the program was produced before January 1, 2019 and/or after June 30, 2020.
-First cable/broadcast of the entry was before January 1, 2019 and/or after June 30, 2020.
-Refunds may not automatically be made for any entry that is disqualified or if any other error is made by the producers or submitters of any entries. A decision by the judging panel or organizers to disqualify an entry is final.
10. By entering the Best of the Northwest Awards program, you agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Alliance for Community Media and the Alliance for Community Media Northwest Region, as well as all of their employees, agents, representatives, successors, etc. from all losses, claims, theft, demands, liabilities, causes of action, or expenses, known or unknown, arising out of your participation in the Best of the Northwest Awards.
If any of these rules are not clear, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.