Belgrade International Film Festival - modern festival organized by young and ambitious moviegoers in order to promote talented filmmakers, composers, photographers, writers, and artists. Of course we will not hide our own desire to grow and compete with the best festivals in the world. It's an honor for us to represent our beautiful and culturally rich country - Serbia. Unfortunately our homeland has not yet managed to stand out with a truly great film festival. We believe that Belgrade can become an important point of the cultural heritage of cinema. Helping each other, we will grow together!
Belgrade International Film Festival has a very modern, and effective structure called as "Season programs". Season programs are devoted into four periods: Autumn, Winter, Spring and Summer. Every period we welcome new participants, that will be competing for season selections, judged by our film experts. Becoming a winner in a Seasonal Program, participant earns a "Quarter Finalists" status, certificates, and laurels, and an opportunity to order a named trophy.
We hope to give our participants a great opportunity, and a great reason to visit our beautiful city, where we will hold our debut annual event. Spring 2024 is going to be very nervous for us, but together we will make this annual event so special!
Annual event location, and dates can be changed closer to the event, if that happens, every participant will be notified.
All officially selected works will receive our unique laurels, promotion on our social medias + invitation to visit our annual event, at least as a guests, and possibly as nominees. All seasonal award winners will receive laurels, digital certificates, and special promotional material on our social medias + annual qualification opportunity (Quarter Finalists Status).
Annual event will include 24 best works out of all seasonal programs ( 2 in each main category). All annual event winners will be awarded with our special statue, and the cash prize will go to audiences choice.
Best Short Film
Best Feature Film
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Original Screenplay
Best Adapted Screenplay
Best Original Score
Best Music Video
Best Short Documentary
Best Feature Documentary
Best Experimental Film
Best Student Film
Best Director Debut
Best Color Editing
Best Sound Design
Best Original Soundtrack
Best Costume Design
Best Opening Credits
Best Closing Credits
Submission to any of a main categories, automatically considers your work in all technical categories + chosen main category. You can also submit only for technical category.
"ALL CATEGORIES" submission considers your work in all categories, that are available in our festival + you get a free review, that contains more than 1000 symbols.
Rules & Terms
● We accept films of all genres and lengths.
● All Non-English entries must be subtitled in English.
● Provide 3 high-quality film stills and a film poster with your FilmFreeway submission.
● Provide a trailer if you have one.
● BIFF can use trailer/teaser/film/poster/stills of BTS for promotional purpose (but do not release, under any form or circumstances, the full film).
● Completion Date after January 2017.
● The submitter owns all the rights to the film.
● The submitter cannot withdraw the submission after the official selection announcement.
● Entry fees are non-refundable.
● BIFF winners that will go into yearly program must send copy of the film without subtitles and .srt file with English subtitles within 2 weeks from official announcement.