For years local artists in the Bedford region OF Virginia have wanted a venue to showcase their work. Finally, in 2019, after much collaboration and behind-the-scenes planning, we are excited to present the Bedford International Film Festival.
The Bedford Film Festival is an event where attendees will have the opportunity to be the first to view films from around the world alongside films shot in your backyard (sometimes literally). We work with local merchants and vendors in order to provide your film viewing experience as the most authentic and friendly festival in the state.
Certificate of Win
1. This festival is a competition in which artists submit their films to be judged by their peers and professionals.
2. Prizes consist of a certificate of win and, if sponsors donate, winners are entitled to a portion of the donation. Any donations will be announced at the festival.
3. A certificate of win is awarded to all winners in every category.
4. All selected films will screen free of charge.
5. The judge's selections are final.
6. Judges and volunteers may submit their own shorts or films.
7. There are no refunds of entry fees should you not win.
8. Selected films and winners may attend the festival for the showing of their films and receipt of their certificate of a win, however, travel and accommodations are at the sole expense of the winner.
9. Students must include a copy of their student ID to have the entry fee waived.
10. A single short or film may enter only one category.
11. You may submit more than one short or film into separate categories.
12. Entries must be submitted by the deadline.
13. Films may be in Black and White or Color, and Silent or with sound.
14. Films must have been completed within the 12 months proceeding the festival ceremony date. I.E. Films to be in competition for the July 2022 season must have been completed between January 2021 and May 2022 and be no older than 18 months from the July 2022 deadline.
15. There are no refunds should you submit a film that we are unable to access.
16. There are no refunds should you submit under false pretense, i.e. submit into a student category if not a student.
17. Films may be submitted through FilmFreeway.
18. We are not responsible for your sound or picture quality during any screenings.
Screenplays must be original work.
The screenplay cannot currently be in production or optioned for production, nor have been previously filmed.
You must have ownership and rights to any true life, biography, or autobiography before you submit the screenplay.
Only one writer needs to submit should there be more than one writer.