Bedford Documentary Film Festival. We are now in our second year and looking forward to showing your films. In our first year we had entries for 20 countries.
We are accepting entries world-wide but any non English language documentary films will require subtitles. The Festival is not only looking to find a winner in the Best Documentary Film category.
The BDFF was set up by documentary producer and director, Jason Gurr. He has been making documentaries for National TV, the British Film Institute as well as online for the past 13 years.
There will be a winning trophy for best documentary in all categories.
1. We are only accepting documentaries but no short films
2. We have five categories
3. Short documentaries under 15 minutes
Documentaries up to an hour
Documentaries over an hour
Best Student documentary
Best documentary director
4. We accept non English Language film but the must have subtitles
5. All fees are non-refundable
6. In order to submit a documentary you must own the rights or have permission from the owner
7. Not all the submissions are selected for the official competition. Our Judges are free to make their own choices and no answers will be given about not selected films.
8. To qualify for student entry fee rates, entrant must include proof of student status at the time of production (copy of student ID)
9. Films must be submitted via online screener ONLY with private link. (VIMEO, YOUTUBE, FilmFreeway, SELF HOSTED)