CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: as we are scheduled between the end of NOVEMBER and the start of DECEMBER the fest is SAFE, official dates will be announced as programmed later this May.
At its second edition, BAHF is a brand new film festival which will be held in Gorizia (Northern Italy) between November and December.
The first (and only) horror genre film festival here in Friuli Venezia-Giulia.
All the screenings will be held at Kinemax, an historical cinema located in the biggest square of the city.
What are we looking for?
HORROR of course, any cross genre is allowed but it MUST BE HORROR related.
We are opened, to shorts, full lengths and screenplays.
Who's gonna win the awesome and grotesque handcrafted trophy?
A selected jury will assign the prizes.
SECOND EDITION JUDGES
- Shintaro Kago (weirdest mangaka around)
- Joshua Millican (Co-Editor In Chief at Dread Central)
- Federico Scargiali (F**k You Immortality, Skate of the Dead, founder and programmer at BAHF)
LAST YEAR JUDGES
- Kurando Mitsutake (Gun Woman, Karate Kill)
- Brian Trenchard-Smith (Leprechaun 3 and 4, Night of the Demons 2, BMX Bandits)
- Andreas Marschall (Masks, Tears of Kali, German Angst)
- Federico Scargiali (Can't Kill This, Skate of the Dead, founder and programmer at BAHF)
Be Afraid Horror Fest, home is where the horror is!
Trophy awards will be given in the following category:
- Best Horror Film, assigned by the jury
- Best Horror Short, assigned by the jury
More Awards will be announced later during the year.
- Horror Short, any work with a length shorter than 20 minutes
- Horror Feature, any work with a length longer than 60 minutes
- Horror Short Screenplay, any horror related screenplays of no more than 15 pages (English or Italian language)
- Horror Feature Screenplay, any horror related screenplays of at least 60 and no more than 100 pages. (English or Italian language)
- Lockdown Horror Short, any work with a length shorter than 20 minutes, shot during the quarantine. Beware that this is an off section so no trophy or prize will be assigned to your work, but there will be a special screening during the event entirely dedicated to this section.
- Any cross genre is allowed but it MUST BE HORROR related
- The Work must be produced after January 2017
- Premieres are prioritized in programming
- If not in English, all the submission MUST BE subtitled in English
- You can submit any number of works as long as all the rules are respected
- We only accept submission via FilmFreeway
What do we need after you've been selected?
- PRESS KIT with: a .jpeg file of the movie poster, at least three stills, all useful links (trailer, IMDb...), a short plot (in English) and a document with the main cast&crews
- An HD FILE of the selected movie in the best possible quality, download links only are accepted
- An .srt file with English subtitles
- Once you've been notified, please send to our email all of the materials listed above as soon as you can
Other important things to know:
- Selections will be notified by email
- Entry fees are non-refundable
- Participants agree that clips and images from their film may be used for any promotional purposes on Be Afraid Horror Fest social media.