Alright, so here's the thing. We've got this underground comedy fest, right? It's like a comedy Thunderdome, with comedians, cartoonists, sketch teams, and filmmakers duking it out from every corner of the globe. It's a wild mix, you know? Everything from those dark, twisted animations that make you question your sanity to the kind of slapstick that's so stupid it's brilliant.
Now, for the sixth time (yeah, we've been crazy enough to do this five times already), the Battle of The Sketches is hitting the Black Rabbit comedy club. It's smack in the middle of Austin's laugh factory, where the weird gets weirder.
Get this – we're huddling up for three days in this cozy little basement off 5th Street and Brazos. It's intimate, a bit quirky, and the perfect spot to lose yourself in some of the funniest films and sketches you'll ever see. So, come on down to the 6th Annual Battle of The Sketches. Trust me, it's the kind of chaos you don't want to miss.
1. Best Comedy Feature Film: Awarded to the best full-length comedy film.
2. Best Director Feature Film. Recognizing outstanding direction in a feature film.
3. Best Comedy Short Film: Awarded to the best comedy film under 30 minutes.
4. Best Director Short Film: Recognizing outstanding direction in a short comedy film.
5. Best Comedy Screenplay: For the best written script in a comedy short film.
6. Best Performance in a Comedy: Recognizing either a leading or supporting performance in a comedy film.
7. Audience Choice Award: Based on audience votes for their favorite film.
8. Best Editing - Comedy: Recognizing the best editing in a comedy film.
9. Battle of The Sketches Champion
1. Eligibility: The festival is open to all filmmakers worldwide. Films must fall into the comedy genre or have a strong comedic element.
2. Film Length: Feature Films must be at least 60 minutes. Short Films must be no longer than 30 minutes, and sketches no longer than 10 minutes including credits.
3. Language: Films in languages other than English must have English subtitles.
4. Submission Format: Films should be submitted in a digital format on FilmFreeway.
5. Entry Fee: An entry fee is required for each submission. Fees are non-refundable.
6. Submission Deadline: All submissions must be received by the stated deadline. Late entries may be considered but are not guaranteed.
Content and Rights
1. Originality and Rights: Filmmakers must have the rights to all content, including music and visuals. Proof of rights may be requested.
2. Indemnity: Filmmakers will indemnify and hold harmless the festival organizers from any claims resulting from the content of their film.
Judging and Awards
1. Selection Process: Films will be selected for screening by a panel of judges. Their decision is final.
2. Awards: Awards will be given in various categories, as previously announced. All decisions by the awarding jury are final.
3. Notification: Selected filmmakers will be notified by email and must confirm their participation within a set timeframe.
1. Screening Rights: Filmmakers grant the festival the right to screen their films during the festival period.
2. Film Format: Selected films must be provided in the required format as specified by the festival.
3. Attendance: Filmmakers are encouraged to attend the festival, but it is not a requirement for selection or winning an award.
1. Promotional Use: The festival may use clips (up to 30 seconds) and stills from the films for promotional purposes.
2. Publicity: Filmmakers are encouraged to promote their films and the festival through various channels.
1. Acceptance of Terms: Submission of a film constitutes acceptance of these rules and terms.
2. Changes to Rules: The festival reserves the right to make changes to the rules and terms if necessary. Filmmakers will be notified of any significant changes.
These rules and terms are designed to ensure a fair and organized festival, protecting both the interests of the filmmakers and the integrity of the event. Participants should read and understand these rules fully before submitting their films.