The Bastalavista is a Genre Film Festival established in Hannover (Germany) in 2019. The festival is founded and run only by two people: Wiebke and Johannes Thomsen, the two owners and operators of the awarded LODDERBAST movie theater in Hannover, with 28 seats on 39 squaremeters the smallest movie theater in the world and one of a kind with homemade food and more than 100 different craft beers.
The festival defines the "genre" film as science-fiction, fantasy, horror, action, thriller, mystery or dark comedy including forward-thinking, experimental and dark interpretations of the traditional film genres.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM OUR FESTIVAL?
- a carefully and passionately curated festival film program
- a committed, curious and knowledgeable jury of filmmakers, distributors and genre film enthusiasts
- a vibrant, cozy and laid-back festival atmosphere in a unique venue
- valuable networking opportunities
- delicious food and ice-cold beer
- glory, fame and ... fun
DATES & TIMES
01.09.2020 – 31.10.2020: Super Early Bird
01.11.2020 - 31.12.2020: Early Bird
01.01.2021 – 31.01.2021: Standard Deadline
01.02.2021 – 15.02.2021: Late Deadline
16.02.2021 – 28.02.2021: Ultimate Deadline
01.03.2021 - 15.03.2021: Film Selection And Notification Period
If your film is selected, you’ll be sent all the necessary documents.
14.05.2021 - 30.05.2021: Bastalavista International Genre Film Festival 2021
The award ceremony will be held on 29.05.2021
THE BAST (Awards)
THE BIG BAST (Jury Award) is awarded to the jury’s favourite film of the festival.
THE FRESH BAST (Jury Award) is awarded to the jury’s favourite innovative or experimental film concept.
THE YOUNG BAST (Jury Award) is awarded to the jury’s favourite young filmmaker.
THE STRONG BAST (Jury Award) is awarded to the jury’s favourite expression of a social or political topic in a genre film.
THE PEOPLE‘S BAST (Audience Award) is awarded to the audience’s favourite festival film.
Please carefully read our 7 BASTALAMANDMENTS before submitting your film. It is not customary for the Bastalavista IGFF to pay screening fees. By submitting your film you agree to this.
THE 7 BASTALAMANDMENTS
(Festival Competition Requirements)
1. Your film should be GENRE or -related (please see our definition of GENRE).
2. Your film should have been finished after 01.09.2019.
3. Your film must not have had a theatrical release in Germany.
4. Your film must not have had a Blu-ray or DVD release in Germany.
5. Your film may be short, medium or long.
6. Your film must be subtitled (English or German) if the Original Language Version is not English or German.
7. Your film has to be submitted until 28.02.2021 to be part of the competition.
IF SELECTED ...
…you will be notified between 01.03.2021 and 15.03.2021 via email.
…you must own the rights to your film or the screening rights and all of its components by the time of the Bastalavista Festival.
…you are responsible for delivering your exhibition copy (DCP, MP4 File or BluRay) and other materials, such as trailer, artwork, press stills, and press-kit - by deadline (31.03.2021).
…we would love to welcome you at the Bastalavista.