Matrix Theatre Company is proud to present the Bagley Street Film Festival, a celebration of Metro Detroit filmmakers and talent!
Matrix Theatre champions all things local. Which is why Matrix, via its Bagley Street Film Festival, seeks to bring together talented filmmakers in Metro Detroit who are using the medium to share stories from their communities, breach barriers of language and culture, and engage new audiences in thoughtful conversation and problem-solving.
Bagley Street Film Festival will be a three-day film festival hosted in multiple venues across Bagley Street in Southwest Detroit, running October 21st through October 23rd.
The festival is open to a wide range of subject matter and techniques and will exhibit short and feature length films in narrative and documentary forms.
Open to local filmmakers from Wayne, Oakland, Washtenaw, Macomb and Livingston counties. If you reside out-of-county and would like to submit, please contact us at email@example.com
Selected films will be announced no later than September 30th, 2022.
Best Narrative Feature
Best Documentary Feature
Best Narrative Short
Best Documentary Short
Best Youth Produced Feature
- Open to local filmmakers from Wayne, Oakland, Washtenaw, Macomb and Livingston counties. If you reside out-of-county and would like to submit, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Filmmakers are responsible for securing the proper licensing and/or permissions for all content used in their films.
- Please submit finished films only; works in progress will not be accepted.
- Films must have been completed no earlier than 2019.
- Feature Films should not exceed 120 minutes in length.
- Short films should not exceed 30 minutes in length.
- Youth Produced category is open to filmmakers 17 years and younger. For films in the Youth Produced category, proof of age must be provided before the screening.
- If selected for the festival, filmmakers will need to sign a Screening Agreement.
- Filmmakers have the option to participate in audience talkbacks after film screening. (participation in talkbacks is not required)
If you have any questions before submitting, please email us at email@example.com