1. DUE TO LIMITED SCREENING TIME AND FEW FESTIVAL DAYS, FILMS WITH A REPRESENTATIVE HAVE PRIORITY FOR A LIVE SCREENING.
2. UPON CONFIRMATION OF YOUR FILM SELECTION, FINAL SCREENERS OF SELECTED FILMS WITH FOREIGN OR ENGLISH DIALOGUES SHOULD BE SENT IN MP4 FORMAT WITH GREEK SUBTITLES EMBEDDED ON THE SCREEN TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR A LIVE SCREENING.
3. ALL SELECTED FILMS ARE PROMOTED THROUGH FESTIVAL'S WEBSITE.
4. ALL SELECTED FILMS ARE WATCHED AND JUDGED BY THE JURY.
Responding to a changing world, show that your work rises to the challenge. Selected films are announced and promoted to distributors prior to the festival. Also all film submissions have the option to be submitted at the distribution platform www.inspire-tv.com for consideration for VOD screenings with beneficial terms for the independent filmmakers after the Festival. More information will be sent to you after your film submission.
«BRIDGES» INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL was established in 2008 in the framework of celebrations of 150 years of the foundation of Corinth. It was held Under the Auspices of Ministry of Transport and Communications in Greece and was organized in cooperation with the Cultural Centre of Corinth. It was greeted by the Minister of Transport and Communication, the Minister of Culture, the Mayor of Corinth, the President of the Cultural Centre and the Prefect of Peloponnesus.
The 2nd edition of the festival took place in 2011. On 2009 and 2010 it was cancelled due to national elections that occurred the same period. The opening of the 2nd festival was scheduled on October 14th 2009 with the presence and a live concert by the famous actor of Hollywood, Kevin Costner with his music band Modern West! Unfortunately, the national elections were announced on the 6th of September to be held on the 10th of October and the festival was cancelled. But the concert took place the same day, 14th of October 2009 on the Badminton theater in Athens. http://www.petraterzi.org/kevincostner/
Within the framework of its annual organization Bridges International Film Festival, carries on its close partnership with local authorities and other organizations, willing to provide to such an important aspect of our lives, culture, which is weakened through these hard times we are going through. During the Festival, excursions to archeological sites, cruises in Canal of Isthmus and Ancient Corinth, concerts and art exhibitions take place.
In order to be able to accommodate the needs of the vast number of cinephiles and cinema-goers of Peloponnese, which has proved to be big and varied during past organizations, the Festival has created special theme screenings as the «World Cinema – Bridges» section.
As the BRIDGES International Film festival Corinthia Peloponnese concurs several times with the International Day of People with Disability, a part of our screenings is dedicated to films about human disabilities, under the symbolic title «We can do».
Other special categories are «Films made by Women» and «Nostimon Imar» (films made by filmmakers of Diaspora). Furthermore, the audience will have the unique opportunity to watch films by upcoming filmmakers premiering in the festival. Some of the most outstanding feature films created recently are going to compete for the festival`s Grand Prize «Golden Pegasus», which is going to be given to the film indicated by an internationally acclaimed Jury of cinema professionals.
Note: Selected films in the Bridges International Film Festival are eligible to participate in the official program of the Cyprus International Film Festival. After your' film's Official selection in Cyprus International Film Festival you have to submit at https://filmfreeway.com/CyprusInternationalFilmFestivalGoldenAphrodite
1. Certificates, medals and the "Golden Pegasus" Statue made by the artist Socrates Lambropoulos.
2. All selected films are eligible to participate to Cyprus International Film Festival in Nicosia, Cyprus cyiff.eu as another opportunity for international recognition and awards.
3. Option for non exclusive distribution at Inspire-TV.com (VOD net proceeds are split 60% to the filmmaker/producer and 40% to the platform).
Note: Due to coronavirus pandemic call for social distancing, in 2023, the 15th Bridges International Film Festival at Corinthia, Greece is scheduled to hold online screenings in addition to the outdoor live screenings and events at Corinthia, Loutraki and/or Agii Theodori.
We invite you to apply for the next edition of our Festival (BRIDGES) with your film(s).
Films produced the last 36 months can participate in the competition section of the festival.
A. BRIDGES General Categories:
-Feature Films (up to 120 minutes)
-Short Films (up to 20 minutes)
-Animation Films (up to 120 minutes)
-`Nostimon Imar` (Greek cinematographers who live abroad)(up to 120 minutes)
-Comedy Films (up to 120 minutes)
-Dance Films and Music Films – Video Clips (120 minutes max. length)
-Video Art / Experimental (up to 60 minutes)
-Children films (up to120 minutes)
-"Women films" from all over the world (Director and/or Producer)
-"50/50" films with credits 50% men and 50% women
-Diversity and Inclusion Short and Feature Films
B. BRIDGES Special Categories:
-Panorama (films out of competition)
-“Bridges" - World Cinema
- Environment and Youth up to 5 minutes
-"We Can Do" regarding films with/by people with special abilities
1. Foreign films with Greek subtitles are eligible to participate in the official program of the International Film Festival "Bridges"
2. Selected films in Bridges International Film Festival are eligible to submit and be officially selected in Cyprus International Film Festival https://filmfreeway.com/CyprusInternationalFilmFestivalGoldenAphrodite