Beyond Hollywood International Film Festival gives filmmakers the unique opportunity to build a buzz around their project along with making industry connections. We promote and market our event to studio executives, streaming services and film enthusiasts worldwide to get more eyes on your project. The event starts online at our website, bhiff.org and is capped off with a red carpet screening and awards event at the world famous Fine Arts Theatre in Beverly Hills, CA. The public will be able to vote for your project along with our panel of industry judges that have over a combined 40 years in the film industry. Our goal is to get your work in front of the people that can help take your project to the next level.
Live screening on May 6, 2022 at the Fine Arts Theatre in Beverly Hills, CA for the Winners in ALL categories and Custom Awards
- If submitting one project to multiple categories PLEASE DO SEPARATE TRANSACTIONS. (FilmFreeway does not have the capability to update the status on just one category if it was submitted to more than one category in a single transaction.)
- Features are obligated to have a running time of 45 minutes or more to be eligible.
- Short films must be over 2 minutes and under 30 minutes of run time to be eligible.
- Films must have been completed on or after Jan 1, 2021.
- All genres are welcome (documentary, narrative, animated, experimental, and LGBTQ).
- Filmmakers may submit their film to only one Screening Category, but may also submit that same film to multiple Non-Screening Categories as long as each film is submitted with its own Entry Form, online screener, and paid Entry Fee.
- Entry Fees are nonrefundable.
- Entries will not be considered without a paid Entry Fee.
- No Checks are accepted to pay submission fees. Online payments only, through FilmFreeway.com.
- Only online submissions are accepted.
- We accept short films from all regions. Non-English films must have English subtitles.
- Works-in-progress will be considered.
- We accept films shot in any format, however, submissions must be provided via online screener.
- If your film is selected we will ask you to email us still images and press kit.
- All films chosen as Finalists will grant BHIFF the nonexclusive right to screen them online for the duration of the festival (April 26th - May 5th) without any form compensation beyond the publicity and recognition that that Finalist provides.
- (If cash is awarded) The cash awards that the Award Winners will receive are prizes for exceptional filmmaking or screenwriting. They are not and should not be considered compensation for the rights to webcast or broadcast the associated films.
- All films chosen as Official Selections and Award Winners will grant BHIFF the right to use clips/trailer for promotional purposes.
- For a complete list of rights granted to the Festival related to the screening and promotion of Official Selections, see the Terms and Conditions.
- Finalists will be notified on or before March 15th, 2022. Winners will be announced before festival start date
-BHIFF reserves the right to decline naming Official Selections and Award Winners if we do not receive enough submissions meeting our standards of storytelling or production value.
Terms & Conditions:
I understand and accept the Submission Requirements.
I warrant that I am authorized to commit the film for screening.
I warrant that I have signed releases from any people appearing in my film, and have the authority to use any copyrighted materials that appear in my film, including but not limited to music, images or footage.
If my film is chosen as an Official Selection, I hereby grant the Beyond Hollywood International Film Festival (the Festival) and its funders, creators, distributors, production companies and assigns, the rights to:
Webcast my film on bhiff.org and host it on Vimeo, Youtube, or any other hosting platform they deem appropriate for 12 months (36 months for Award Winners), without any monetary compensation. During that time, I further grant the above entities the rights to:
- Promote, link to and embed my film in the BHIFF’s web and social media platforms and any other platforms they so desire
- Allow BHIFF viewers to embed and link to my film from other websites and in other forms of web and social media outreach
- Affix to the head and tail of my film bumpers, not to exceed 6 seconds each, that announce my film as a Beyond Hollywood International Film Festival Official Selection or Award Winner, potentially including a link after the end credits to bhiff.org, and a logo bug in the corner of the frame throughout.
- Use an excerpt from my film not to exceed 30 seconds for a Festival trailer and/or other promotional purposes to promote the Festival and/or BHIFF, in perpetuity and universally.
- Release, publicize and promote my name, image or likeness in association with my film.
I will indemnify and hold harmless Beyond Hollywood International Film Festival, its creators, production companies, funders and assigns, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, defamation or publicity related to the presentation, distribution or promotion of my film.
I understand that the BHIFF, its creators, production companies and associates, are constantly creating and producing films, and may have films in existence or in development for future production that may include ideas, images, themes, stories, treatments, interviewees or characters that appear in my film, or otherwise bear a strong resemblance to my film in some other way. I hereby agree that I am not entitled to any compensation in any form based on any similarities of such film content to my film, whether real or perceived.
I am at least 18 years of age, have read and understand the foregoing Terms and Conditions, and am competent to execute this agreement.