This festival aims to reward the accomplishments of like-minded artists who aim to create interesting content. This festival is for new and veteran artists. Call for Entries opens April 5, 2023 with a completed production date after January 1, 2010 (for authors and photographers - work must be submitted for copywrite by date of submission). Films must be completed in production by September 15, 2023. A trailer must be submitted before the August 1, 2023 deadline date.
Our main goal is to shed light onto creators that deserve it and to form connections between genres of art. We want independent artists to get recognition that they deserve.
This is a three-day event!
Day One 9am -4pm - Viewing Official Selections (schedule will be given in September 2023)
Day One Evening - Costume Party - Come dressed as your favorite movie/tv/music video character
Day Two Morning will consist of Workshops (topics given soon)
Day Two Afternoon Noon - 4pm - Viewing Official Selections (schedule will be given in October 2023)
Day Two Evening will consist of Black-Tie Awards Ceremony
Day Three Power Boost Brunch Business Professionals and Entrepreneur Networking Mixer
All of our finalists are automatically in the running for our Awards and Prizes! Finalists also are placed in the official website catalog, where they will remain forever.
The AFAP Festival selections will be judged and decided on by award-winning artists working in the industry.
AFAP Festival will follow guidance and protocols in relation to the coronavirus. All Festival details (including dates, format and venues) are subject to change. Information about an online component of the Festival will be announced at a later date.
Submission fees are non-refundable
For all questions related to submissions, please see our Terms and Conditions or email our Director Danielle D. Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Champion for Change
Best Literary Work Ready for Film (the winner will have their book adapted into a screenplay and receive a treatment)
Forever, Dion Lamarr (for music video category)
By submitting your film for consideration to the Atlanta Film, Author and Photography Festival (AFAP Festival) in accordance with the procedures outlined below, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and voluntarily agreed to abide by these Filmmaker Terms and Conditions.
Secure Online Screeners (Vimeo or YouTube links) are the preferred submission method. If using a Vimeo or YouTube link, please include your link at the top of the cover letter section of your FilmFreeway submission.
• If accepted, filmmakers will need to provide the following:
- Name of film
- Director's name
- Run time
- 2-3 high-res images from the film (not posters)
- Photo credit information (who you would like those photos to be credited to)
- film website (optional)
• Separate applications are required for each submission. (For multiple entries please email email@example.com include Subject Line - Multiple entries and include categories and number of entries in body of email to receive code for multiple entries).
• Please let us know if your email address changes between the time of receipt of entry and notification of results. Otherwise, you will not be advised of or receive any award you may have won.
• All winners will receive customized laurels suitable for print and/or web usage. All winners will also receive awards in person or by mail. (If you cannot attend, please provide a mailing address, and we'll send the award to you.)
• Liability: Although every possible care will be taken with your entry materials while in our possession, we cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage. Do not send any original materials.
• Entries into the Student Section of the festival must provide proof of eligibility at the same time of entry (student ID). Must email copy of student id to firstname.lastname@example.org. In Subject Line - Category/Student. In Body of email list category (ies) and Entrant Name.
• English Language: All entries must have audio essential to the message on an English language soundtrack or English subtitles. An English translation script is not an acceptable substitute with the exception of foreign student entries.
The following criteria are applied during the judging process:
- Target audience
- Organization and development
- Concept and creativity
- Technical proficiency
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The entrant has full rights to submit the entry and authorize its use.
Promotion Rights: Producers or distributors who enter the festival grant permission for their entries to be presented at any festival screening or event unless we are otherwise notified at the time of entry.
Publicity: Images, trailers, and reproducible still images may be used in festival programs and publicity materials, including for use by media.
Archives: We keep the winning entries for the festival's archives.
Entrant has read and agrees to abide by all festival rules.
Based on the schedule not all selected films will be screened. Determination will be by the highest scores.
All entries are non-refundable