Culture arises, where people meet. The Arc Film Festival is an International Film Festival with the credo to create a place, where encounters occur and the interests of the filmmakers take center stage.
Aside of the screenings the framework program includes the Breakfast with Filmmakers, the Directors' Coffee and several so called Scene-Talks. The independent-scene will be connected with established personalities. All persons involved are to be brought together to discover innovative approaches with the new media and get them thinking about original concepts. During the Arc Film Festival we create space for inspiration and conversation.
Besides that we want to strengthen Mainz as an important media-location in Germany and create a new platform for personalities of the film industry to interact. The artistic movies and personal atmosphere shall motivate for interesting discussions and let the film festival grow to an extraordinary event.
In the start year 2017 we presented a selection of 17 movies, which were produced independently. We offer those wonderful movies a stage with an interested audience and also make them the basis for inspiring discussions. We want to establish a platform for filmmakers and their followers where there is plenty of room for discussions.
We are looking forward to seeing you and your masterpiece!
Sincere thanks and kind regards,
Your Team from Arc Film Festival
The Arc is flexible... The jury will depict every year new awards. The award that can be seen as the grand prize and will be given every Year is the "Arc of Senses" (Der Arc der Sinne). Depending on the submitted films the jury will depict every year in what specific way the Arc of Senses will be given. A film with an outstanding Sound design could be given the Arc of Senses because it is very sensual for the "ear". In 2017 a movie won that was seen as a self-contained master piece.
Last year the awarded prizes were: The Arc of Senses (Der Arc der Sinne), Best Feature, Best Visual Storytelling, Special Narrative Style, Greatest Risk, New Media, Special Prize of the Jury, Audience Prize (Publikumspreis).
- The production year of the film may not be dated before 2015.
- In general we are happy to receive films from different genres and do not wish to not set any limits on creativity. However, please be informed that we reserve the right to exclude any film which is considered racist or glorifies violence.
- If a film is in a language other than English or German, it must have subtitles (or be dubbed) in order to be considered.
- We recommend that you submit the best possible quality of your film. You may chose from the following formats: .mov, .mp4, oder .avi. For the submission, the file should not be larger than 2 GB. If your film makes the selection, a larger file (like DCP) may be handed in later for the screening. Should you wish to submit another format, we kindly request a brief consultation with us.
- Our Film Festival lives of the good communication and the chances of networking in a super relaxed environment. Therefore we kindly ask our jury to choose films from which the filmmaker is able to attend at the festival. Because your personal attendance enriches our prospects to unite and create a propulsive movement.
- We need 3 Still images in a high resolution as well as one picture of the director.
- Please attach a synopsis that has no fewer then 25 words.
- Please submit your film via a password-protected streaming-link, that gives an option to download or send us a direct link to download. Please prepare this link in advance of beginning your online film entry form. (If you are unable or unwilling to submit your film by URL link, please contact our team through firstname.lastname@example.org and we will find an alternate method for your entry).
- Please note that when submitting to the Arc Film Festival you accept that we are saving your data including contact information and details to your film. We take protection of your data very seriously.
- In the category "Social Spot" we only accept films no longer then five minutes. All works submitted into this category that does not meet our expectations in social context or doesn't match the length will be disqualified.