Antenna is an international documentary film festival, established in 2011 with the mission to promote, celebrate and champion creative documentary cinema as one of the most exciting means by which we can connect to the contemporary world.
Each year we view thousands of the latest documentaries from around the world to select a carefully curated program of 50 outstanding nonfiction works. We believe in the transformative potential of documentary and present a program that introduces audiences to the endless possibilities of the genre, with films that surprise them, spark their imagination and expand their world-views.
But Antenna is about more than just screening films. During the eleven days of the festival, we create an inspiring meeting-place for connection and exchange, presenting seminars, talks, panel discussions and Q&A sessions. We also run an industry conference (DocTalk), professional development programs (Rough Cut Lab, Meet the Experts) and awards with cash prizes, fostering the next generation of documentary filmmakers.
BEST FEATURE DOCUMENTARY COMPETITION
The Best Feature Documentary Competition celebrates documentary filmmaking from around the world, accepting submissions from both international and Australian filmmakers. The winning filmmaker will receive a $10,000 AUD cash prize.
BEST AUSTRALIAN SHORT DOCUMENTARY COMPETITION
The Best Australian Short Documentary Short Competition celebrates the best Australian documentary short films, and is open to productions from Australia only. We have partnered with the Australian Film Television and Radio School (AFTRS) to offer the winning filmmaker a cash prize of $5,000 AUD, as development funding for their next project.
1) I have the sole and exclusive ownership of all rights related to the submitted production and have the full authority to submit the production to Antenna.
2) I understand that all foreign language films must contain English subtitles.
3) I understand that a screener must be submitted online either through FilmFreeway or submitted with a Vimeo link.
4) All entry fees are non-refundable. Please check competition rules and requirements to ensure your film is eligible.
5) Documentaries must have been completed on or after 1st January 2020.
6) Antenna screens one-off documentaries only.
7) In case of selection, I authorise Antenna to utilise publicity materials related to the production for promotional purposes.
8) I understand that Antenna assumes that the submitting party or the filmmaker has insured the exhibition copy for damage and loss, and I will not hold Antenna liable for any damage or loss during shipping, preview, or screening.
9) I agree to provide the exhibition copy of the submitted production to the festival at least 14 days prior to the start of the festival.
10) Due to the volume of entries received, Antenna cannot offer individual feedback of declined films.
11) All films must not have been shown publicly in Sydney prior to the festival, inclusive of Australian short submissions - the festival requires a Sydney premiere for all titles.
12) All films must not have received an Australian Television Broadcast prior to the festival.