the Annaba Mediterranean Film Festival (AMFF) was launched in 2016, its distinctive edge was its focus on first-time achievements in cinema. International juries select winners.
As one of the leading film festivals in North Africa, AMFF showcases premieres of films created by established filmmakers as well as outstanding works by up-and-coming directors from around the world, in a variety of sections.
In our main Competition, we continue to accept submissions from Mediterranean countries for films that have not yet been released in Algeria (Algerian Premiere), including documentary and short film features.
And for the first time, the Southern Mediterranean Future section will highlight films by emerging Directors from Southern Mediterranean countries, including those from north Africa and the Middle East, who have directed no more than three feature-length films.
We are happy to cover flight ticket [the director and 2 actors from the movie] and your accommodation at a five-star hotel in Annaba Hotel, for 8 nights from the 2nd of November till the 10th of November.
Competitive Sections and Awards
(1) Mediterranean Competition Section
The main Competition section is the core of the festival and aims to support promising filmmakers who will play leading roles in the industry, as well as contribute to the enrichment of cinematic artistry and international cultural exchange. Films from countries of the Mediterranean that have not yet been released in Algeria.
-Golden ghazal , Grand Prix [fifteen thousand dollars/ 15000 dollars]
-Special Jury Prize , Golden ghazal
-Award for Best Director, Golden ghazal
-Award for Best Actress ,Golden ghazal
-Award for Best Actor ,Golden ghazal
-Award for Best Screenplay
- Best Short Film [Five thousand dollars 5000 dollars ]
- Best documentary film [Ten thousand dollars 10000 dollars]
- Audience Award
(2) Southern Mediterranean Future Section
A competitive section for north Africa and the Middle East films, including Algeria, this introduces the first, second or third features of coming directors.
- Southern Mediterranean Future Award [Ten thousand dollars/ 10000 dollars ]
• Submitted films must meet the general criteria below as well as the specific criteria for each section.
• All films must meet the début requirement(s) listed in each section.
• All submitted films must be a Algerian première; films previously screened in Algeria are not eligible. Films should not be or have been available on any streaming platform in Algeria, commercially or otherwise.
• All films must be released in 2022 or 2023.
• Only rights holders and/or their official distributors are eligible to submit films to the festival.
• All films must be in their original language and must be subtitled in English or Arabic unless the dialogue is in English.
• The festival reserves the right to decide eligibility.
• The final selection of all films and their placement in the programme are the sole responsibility of the festival.